Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Add host in a network with next available IP function

Authority
3422     0

Hi Team,

I want to know is it possible using next available function to create a host in a particular network.In below example i tried like this and getting the error. However if in the same request, i remove next available function and use a fixed ip address, it works fine.

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H 'content-type: application/json' -X POST "https://172.20.165.192/wapi/v2.4/record:host?_return_fields%2B=name,network_view,ipv4addrs&_return_a..." -d '{"name":"DMOC23-01", "configure_for_dns":false,"ipv4addrs":[{"ipv4addr":"func:nextavailableip:10.10.0.0/24","configure_for_dhcp": false}],"view":"default.Testing"}

Error

{
"Error": "AdmConProtoError: 10.10.0.0/24 does not match any unique networks/ranges (ipv4addr)",
"code": "Client.Ibap.Proto",
"text": "10.10.0.0/24 does not match any unique networks/ranges (ipv4addr)"
}

Re: Add host in a network with next available IP function

Adviser
3423     0

Hi Ashley,

The network has to exist in the Infoblox grid. If it already doesn't, first create the network on the grid. Then, trigger this WAPI call.

Regards,

Krishna

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin