Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Create networks via WAPI with existing VLAN

3685     0

Hello everybody!
I am currently in the process of automatically creating networks with Ansible via WAPI. I am having problems creating new networks with existing VLANs. I try to create the networks with templates.

My playbook:

- name: Management-Netz anlegen
      uri:
        url: "https://{{ nios_provider.host }}/wapi/{{ nios_provider.wapi_version }}/network"
        method: POST
        user: "{{ nios_provider.username }}"
        password: "{{ nios_provider.password }}"
        status_code: 201, 302, 200
        headers:
          Content-Type: "application/json"
        body:
          network: "func:nextavailablenetwork:{{ new_container_cidr }},default,24"
          vlans: [{"vlan":"vlan/ZG5zLnZsYW4kLmNvbS5pbmZvYmxveC5kbnMudmxhbl9yYW5nZSRkZWZhdWx0LjEuNDA5NC5WUE5fU3RhbmRvcnRlLjEwLjI1LjEw:default/VPN_Standorte/Management/10"}]
          template: "{{ mandant }}_Netz_Management"
          extattrs: 
            Bezeichnung: {"value": "{{ iso }} Management"}
            ISO_Nr: {"value": "{{ iso }}"}
        body_format: json
        validate_certs: no
        return_content: yes

It all works fine, but the VLAN is not linked. I don't get an error message, so the syntax should be correct.

Re: Create networks via WAPI with existing VLAN

Adviser
3685     0

Hi,

Can you try running the following curl command to ensure it is working?

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H 'content-type: application/json' -X POST "https://grid-master/wapi/v2.11/network?_return_fields%2B=vlans&_return_as_object=1" -d '{"network_view":"default","network":"61.0.0.0/24","vlans": [{"vlan":"vlan/ZG5zLnZsYW4kLmNvbS5pbmZvYmxveC5kbnMudmxhbl92aWV3JHRlc3QuMTAuMjAuMTA:test/next-vlan/10" }]}'

Regards,

Krishna

3685     0

Hi Krishna,

The curl command works. The problem was that I couldn't add the VLAN in the same step when creating the network. I have now implemented a workaround in which I first create the network and then assign the VLAN in a second step. My playbook is now working as it should.

Regards,

Max

3685     0

I have the same issue. It works when I remove the network template part.

Then I'm able to create a network with the functions nextavailablenetwork and nextavailablevlan.

When I add a network template, the VLAN reservation is not made.

3685     0

Yeah, I guess that's why it doesn't work. You can't do both in one step. When working with a network template, you first have to create the network and then assign the VLAN.

3686     0

Hi guys,

I am new to Infoblox and just started our journey to use Ansible playbooks for bulk schema uploading into Infobox. So far, the provided modules are working well however I don't see any pre-built ansible module to do the VLAN-related activities i.e. Creating VLAN View, VLAN Ranges and assigning a VLAN with a Network.

I understand it can be done via the API call (using URI module). Hence my query, is there any guide I can follow to do the assignment of VLAN-Subnet via Ansible? If someone can kindly point me in the right direction, that will be very helpful. 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You