Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

URGENT: Next Available IP starting from highest IP address

Authority
2567     0

Hi Team,

I need your suggestion in below mentioned situation:

If I am not wrong , my understanding is that Infoblox provides next available IP by starting with the lowest ip address in a subnet .

What if , i want infoblox to give me next available IP starting with highest ip address?? For example, in the below scenario:

If the device type is "C" and the selected subnet type begins with "V" and the selected subnet floor is not equal to "XX", we will look for the next free ip in the subnet starting by the highest ip address of the selected subnet??

Can I achieve this ? If yes, what kind of paraemeters can we provide in our API request for next available IP?

Re: URGENT: Next Available IP starting from highest IP address

2568     0

You are correct, it starts with the lowest number IP address and works up from there.  That algorithm cannot be changed.

Authority
2568     0

Thanks Richard.

Can I still play with API to get IP from top of the subnet i.e from highest address?

2568     0

Personally I would not.  If you have a need for such a behavior, I suppose you could get the full list of free addresses, and then use your own algorithm to choose an address.  However that would be quite inefficient.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin