Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

WAPI Body Request to obtain all lease data for a network when you only have the FQDN

1011     0

I'm trying to retrieve all lease data for a pool of information.  I only have a FQDN, i.e. device.sitenum.domain.com.  I'm trying to daisy chain the following requests to get where I need to go:

1. Get host_record by FQDN to obtian IPv4Addr

2. Use IPv4Add4 to obtain network

3. Use network to obtain lease data.

So far, I can use FQDN to obtain IPV4addr, but storing it with STATE:ASSIGN gives me back an ipv4addr object like this, which I cannot extract the IP address from, to ask for the ipv4addr object, which would give me the network I want lease from:

[
    {
        "host_name""hostname.sitenumber.domain.com",
        "myREF": [
            {
                "_ref""record:host_ipv4addr/ZG5zLasfasfdasdfasfdafdafdsda:1.2.3.4/hostname.sitenumber.domain.com/default",
                "configure_for_dhcp"false,
                "host""hotsname.sitenumber.domain.com",
                "ipv4addr""10.220.101.250"
            }
        ]
    }
]

My assign which gave me all that was:

"assign_state" : {
            "myREF" : "ipv4addrs"
        },

However, that does not give me the individual ipv4address so I can get it's network, so I can use that to pull leases to review state.....

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to go from a hostname to getting all lease in that hostname's subnet, all via 1 WAPI Body Request?

thank you for any ideas, answers
David
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You