Add a New Extensible Attribute via WAPI

DReznicek
Techie
4689     0

Is there any way to add extensible attribute definitions via the WAPI? My use case is bringing up a new Infoblox appliance and adding our source controlled document of attributes in a file on github, and then checking to make sure those extensible attributes are always created. If they are not in the list, I would delete them via WAPI, and if I remove them from the document, it would then remove the attribute from the appliance.

I haven't found a way to create or query for existence via the WAPI.

Thanks,

Daniel Reznicek

You can add EAs with PAPI, not WAPI

Adviser
4690     0

To the best of my knowledge it is not possible to create new extensible attribute defintions via the WAPI. Basd on my reading of the manual it is possible to create new EAs with the Perl API (PAPI), but I have not tested this myself.

Re: Add a New Extensible Attribute via WAPI

GHorne Community Manager
Community Manager
4690     0

The 'extensibleattributedef' object is still only READ/ONLY as of WAPI 2.1

Adviser
4690     0

Read/write for extensibleattributedef was added in WAPI 2.2

Daniel_Ufer
Techie
4690     0

Hello,

I managed to add a new extensible attribute via WAPI (type ENUM). How can I add a new value to this list afterwards?

Regards, Daniel Ufer

Adviser
4690     0

Hi Daniel,

You have to overwrite the full list of values using a PUT call to your object:

{{base_url}}/wapi/v2.5/extensibleattributedef/b25lLmV4dGVuc2libGVfYXR0cmlidXRlc19kZWYkLkNvdW50cnk:Country

{
"list_values": [
{
"value": "France"
},
{
"value": "India"
},
{
"value": "Alaska"
},
{
"value": "Antartica"
}
]
}

Note: your object referring to exact same values will keep the right data, if you remove or rename a field, object lose reference and has EA value empty

Check out our new Tech docs website at http://docs.infobox.com for latest documentation on Infoblox products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You