09-23-2018 10:28 PM
We currently have two physical appliances of infoblox per site.
we would like to add Windows DNS as an additonal seconday DNS which should sync with info blox and get all the records published in Infoblox.
What do i require to achieve the above?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-24-2018 09:20 AM
This can be done a couple of different ways:
- As an external secondary name server
- Using the Microsoft Management feature
The Microsoft Management feature requires a separate license, whereas setting up the MS DNS servers as external secondary name servers does not. To accomplish this using the external secondary name server configuration, I would recommend the following:
- Under the Data Management -> DNS -> Name Server Groups tab, create or modify an existing Name Server Group (NSG).
- Assign the Infoblox servers as the Grid primary/Grid secondary name servers.
- Assign the MS DNS servers as external secondary name servers.
- After saving the NSG, edit the properties for the zone(s) in question and verify that this NSG is assigned to the appropriate zones.
- Save any changes. Once done, restart services to apply the change.
Note: If changes to a large number of zones is required, using the CSV Import feature to streamline this process.
09-24-2018 09:22 AM
Is there any other way where we can achieve this without any extra licenses cost?
09-24-2018 09:25 AM
The steps outlined for setting up the MS DNS servers as external secondary name servers leverages the basic functionality included in NIOS and does NOT require any additional licenses.
09-24-2018 09:40 AM
Thanks a lot for your prompt response.. will try it out and let you know the results.
09-24-2018 11:59 AM
You can perform mass updates leveraging the CSV import feature. Refer to the CSV Import Reference Guide for more details regarding this.