Allzones.csv vs. Authzones.csv

Adviser
2565     0

Using WAPI v2.3

I am able to use the web GUI to export and download the Allzones.csv file.  I cannot figure out how to get this same file using the RESTful API.  I am able to use the RESTful API to obtain Authzones.csv by requesting the object "zones_auth" and specifing the desired view.  There is no object for "zones_all."

Comparing the two files I can see the Authzones.csv file contains subzones where Allzones.csv does not.  I have also identified three differences in the headers between these two files.

At this time I cannot find a method to retrieve Allzones.csv using the RESTful API.  Does anybody know if this can be done?  I really need the file formatted exactly as it comes in Allzones.csv.

Thanks for any info!

Re: Allzones.csv vs. Authzones.csv

Moderator BRampling
2565     0

I just tested this (on WAPI 2.5) and the headers are the same between Allzones.csv and Authzones.csv, although the subzone issue is there. 

Which headers are different for you?

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Adviser
2565     0

These header columns differ:

soa_default_ttl not in Authzones.csv 

soa_private_ttl not in Allzones.csv

These two ttl headers could possibly be interchangable.

ADMGRP_waterford not in Allzones.csv

These are the three differences.

Adviser
2566     0

By the way, what is ADMGRP_waterford?  Sounds like a strange column heading for a zone configuration.

[ Edited ]
Moderator BRampling
2566     0

Interesting, I see soa_default_ttl in both of mine. There is no "soa_private_ttl" in the CSV Import Reference so I don't know where that's coming from. I checked older versions of the CSV reference and it's not in those either and I also looked for reported bugs with that text and didn't find any. The soa_default_ttl field corresponds to the Default TTL GUI field (when set) and should always be there on a CSV export of a zone, GUI or WAPI.

ADMGRP_waterford is an admin group with permissions on the object. From the CSV Import Reference:

Admin permissions: A field name of ADMGRP-XXX indicates the admin permission of a specific admin group,
where XXX is the name of the admin group. The value of an admin permission can be a string or a list of strings
with subtypes. If there is a single value in the permission, use RW, RO, or DENY. If there is a subtype in the
permission, use a list format, such as “RW, ARecord/RO”. 

[ Edited ]
Adviser
2566     0

I've solved the mystery of the "soa_private_ttl" header object.  I have an automated script that is meant to change the "default" view to the "private" view for all of the csv records.  Unfortunately, the script changed the header too.  I just wasted an entire day on this.  Need to tweak script to not modify the header line.  I'm sure glad I'm doing this in a development environment and not in production.

It looks like there is no way to generate the Allzones.csv export from the RESTful API.  Using the Authzones.csv file would require additional processing of the file to remove not only the sub-domains but also modify the header line and all subsequent authzone lines.  This is too much additional processing.  I will opt to not automate this part.  

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You