API & Integration

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Anybody using API to keep DNS views in sync?

Adviser
2655     0

One of the down sides to having a zone in multiple DNS views is that you have to maintain the zone information in two or more places.    In my situation I have a particular zone in two DNS views, internal and external.  The zone in the external DNS view is a subset of the zone in the internal DNS view.  When our users add a new DNS record to the zone in the external DNS view, they have to remember to add it to the internal view also.

In my case, any records added to the external zone also need to be added to the internal zone.  I was thinking about writing an application utilizing the API.  This app would monitor the logs and detect when a record is added to the zone in the external DNS view.  The app would then add that same record to the zone in the internal DNS view.  That way the users would only have to add a new record in one place.  If a record is public, add it once to the external zone.  If that record is private, add it once to the internal zone.  Deleting records is another story.  

I was curious to know if anybody has done something like this?

Re: Anybody using API to keep DNS views in sync?

Adviser
2656     0

Hi,

Starting NIOS 8.0 you can enable object change tracking and after that use db_objects WAPI call, to track added/deleted objects.

BR,

Vadim

Re: Anybody using API to keep DNS views in sync?

Emmasmithaj
Techie
2656     0

yes i also want to know this hope is there anyone Am facing the same problem. Hope anyone here can help me too. Thanks in advance. Regards,

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You