API & Integration

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

DHCP Network Object Auto_Create_ReverseZone

BBell
Techie
1851     0

I have a rather specific use case for the DHCP Network Object Rest API call.  The Grid is running 7.3.10/Rest v2.3.1 and I would like to use the DHCP Network object to automatically create a reverse zone.  This is easy enough, but the difficult part is that I need to create it in a DNS View other than 'default'.

Is this option available and I am overlooking it, available in newer RestAPI versions, or is this a feature request?  I'm used to seeing options like:  "Example: zone_auth/ZG5zLmhvc3QkLl9kZWZhd3QuaDE:zone.com/someview" where I can specify the View, but in the DHCP Network object, that seems to be a Network View, not a DNS View.

If I cannot get it to specify a DNS View, I should be able to create the Network without the Reverse Zone and use zone_auth to create the reverse_mapping zone, right?

Thanks.

Re: DHCP Network Object Auto_Create_ReverseZone

Adviser
1852     0

The parameter auto_create_reversezone will always create the reverse zone if the default-view (of it's respective network view). So when you create the Network in NW-View "External", it will use the DNS-View "default.External".

If you need to create it in a different DNS-View, you need to do it programatically with the scipt you are writing.

Re: DHCP Network Object Auto_Create_ReverseZone

[ Edited ]
BBell
Techie
1852     0

Thanks - that option does not exist in the WAPI version I am using, but I should be able to use it after our next upgrade.  In the meantime, I'm just going to stick with the two calls to generate the forward and reverse zones.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Infoblox ActiveTrust and a Deeper Dive Into your DNS Security