Highlighted

Extract Host data through WAPI

jsnukis
Techie
8149     0

If this is covered elsewhere, my apologies. Is there a way to pull the host data for everything in the system through the WAPI? I've already used it to pull the network info with extensible attributes. I've just been tasked with figuring out what is up with the current installation on a new assignment and it looks as if some major cleanup will be needed. I'll have to pull the host data with IP and, hopefully, be able to dump it into csv format. Thanks in advance.

Re: Extract Host data through WAPI

jsnukis
Techie
8150     0

OK, I've figured out the syntax to extract the host and cname records - I'll be comparing them. Is there any way to dump them into a csv format? And what is the limit for the total number of records extracted? I have it currently set to 10000 but I want to make sure I'm pulling everything.

Adviser
8150     0

If you need CSV, you could use the CSV Export feature

Data Management -> Toolbar -> CSV Job Manager -> CSV Export -> New

Select the object types you want to export. It gives you all elements in the db for the respective type.

With WAPI if you want all fields, you need to add them to the list of _return_fields:

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -X GET https://192.168.0.111/wapi/v1.6/record:host?_return_fields=extattrs,comment [etc.]

Adviser
8150     0

Which language are you writing your API scripts in? If you are writing in Python there is a "csv" module you can import into your script that can be used to write a CSV file row by row. If you are writing in PowerShell there is an Export-Csv cmdlet that will take PowerShell objects and write them out as a CSV file. I have example code for both cases.

Or are you writing in another language, like Perl or something else?

[ Edited ]
PeteyHall
Techie
8150     0

I have the same question as the original poster, trying to dump hostnames/IP's out into a CSV but I'm using Python. I"m completely new to this API so if there's anyone out there that has the base code of how to get into the WAPI and dump the IP/hostnames into a CSV I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks

Adviser
8150     0

Again, simpelest would be to use the CSV export:

But here is how you use the Infoblox WAPI with Python:

#RestfulClient.py

import warnings
warnings.filterwarnings("ignore")

import requests
from requests.auth import HTTPDigestAuth
import json

url = "https://192.168.0.12/wapi/v2.5/record:host?_return_fields=name"

# It is a good practice not to hardcode the credentials. So ask the user to enter credentials at runtime

myResponse = requests.get(url, verify=False, auth=('admin', 'infoblox'))
#print (myResponse.status_code)

# For successful API call, response code will be 200 (OK)
if(myResponse.ok):

jData = json.loads(myResponse.content)

print("Found {0} elements".format(len(jData)))
    print("")

for item in jData:
        for key in item:
            print key + " : " + item[key]
        print ''
else:
    myResponse.raise_for_status()

[ Edited ]
PeteyHall
Techie
8150     0

Thanks for that, but when I try to execute it, after customizing it for my environment, I get a 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url:https://myhost/wapi/v2.5/record:host?_return_fields=name.

I've confirmed with other python scripts that 2.5 works fine for me, is it the '?' after host?

Any thoughts?

Sorry, and the reason I need it to run through the API is that I have a cron job that takes the hostnames/IP's and matches them up in another system and this needs to be automated.

Adviser
8150     0

The ? is the separator for the parameters.

Try to open

https://myhost/wapi/v2.5/record:host?_return_fields=name

in your Browser and the run the script again.

PeteyHall
Techie
8150     0

This is what I get:

The webpage cannot be found

Adviser
8150     0

Replace myhost with the IP of the Grid Master.

PeteyHall
Techie
8150     0

Sorry for not explaining better, I did.  I got prompted to authenticate through the grid, did that, then got the error.

Adviser
8150     0

Please post the output of this (Browser)

https://192.168.0.12/wapi/v2.5/?_schema&_return_type=json

PeteyHall
Techie
8150     0

Thanks for all of your help:

{"requested_version": "2.5", "supported_objects": ["ad_auth_service", "admingroup", "adminrole", "adminuser", "allendpoints", "allnsgroup", "allrecords", "allrpzrecords", "awsrte53taskgroup", "awsuser", "bfdtemplate", "bulkhost", "bulkhostnametemplate", "cacertificate", "capacityreport", "captiveportal", "certificate:authservice", "ciscoise:endpoint", "csvimporttask", "db_objects", "dbsnapshot", "ddnsSmiley Tonguerincipalcluster", "ddnsSmiley Tonguerincipalcluster:group", "deleted_objects", "dhcp:statistics", "dhcpfailover", "dhcpoptiondefinition", "dhcpoptionspace", "discovery", "discovery:device", "discovery:devicecomponent", "discovery:deviceinterface", "discovery:deviceneighbor", "discovery:gridproperties", "discovery:memberproperties", "discovery:status", "discovery:vrf", "discoverytask", "dtc", "dtc:allrecords", "dtc:certificate", "dtc:lbdn", "dtc:monitor", "dtc:monitor:http", "dtc:monitor:icmp", "dtc:monitorSmiley Tonguedp", "dtc:monitor:sip", "dtc:monitor:snmp", "dtc:monitor:tcp", "dtcSmiley Surprisedbject", "dtcSmiley Tongueool", "dtc:record:a", "dtc:record:aaaa", "dtc:record:cname", "dtc:record:naptr", "dtc:server", "dtc:topology", "dtc:topology:label", "dtc:topology:rule", "extensibleattributedef", "fileop", "filterfingerprint", "filtermac", "filternac", "filteroption", "filterrelayagent", "fingerprint", "fixedaddress", "fixedaddresstemplate", "grid", "grid:cloudapi", "grid:cloudapi:cloudstatistics", "grid:cloudapi:tenant", "grid:cloudapi:vm", "grid:cloudapi:vmaddress", "grid:dashboard", "grid:dhcpproperties", "grid:dns", "grid:license_pool", "grid:license_pool_container", "grid:maxminddbinfo", "grid:member:cloudapi", "grid:servicerestart:group", "grid:servicerestart:groupSmiley Surprisedrder", "grid:servicerestart:request", "grid:servicerestart:request:changedobject", "grid:servicerestart:status", "grid:threatprotection", "grid:x509certificate", "ipam:statistics", "ipv4address", "ipv6address", "ipv6fixedaddress", "ipv6network", "ipv6networkcontainer", "ipv6networktemplate", "ipv6range", "ipv6sharednetwork", "lease", "license:gridwide", "localuser:authservice", "macfilteraddress", "member", "member:dhcpproperties", "member:dns", "member:license", "member:threatprotection", "msserver", "msserver:adsites:domain", "msserver:adsites:site", "msserver:dhcp", "msserver:dns", "namedacl", "network", "network_discovery", "networkcontainer", "networktemplate", "networkuser", "networkview", "notification:rest:endpoint", "notification:rest:template", "notification:rule", "nsgroup", "nsgroup:delegation", "nsgroup:forwardingmember", "nsgroup:forwardstubserver", "nsgroup:stubmember", "orderedranges", "orderedresponsepolicyzones", "permission", "range", "rangetemplate", "record:a", "record:aaaa", "record:cname", "record:dhcid", "record:dtclbdn", "record:host", "record:host_ipv4addr", "record:host_ipv6addr", "record:mx", "record:naptr", "record:ns", "recordSmiley Tonguetr", "record:rpz:a", "record:rpz:a:ipaddress", "record:rpz:aaaa", "record:rpz:aaaa:ipaddress", "record:rpz:cname", "record:rpz:cname:clientipaddress", "record:rpz:cname:clientipaddressdn", "record:rpz:cname:ipaddress", "record:rpz:cname:ipaddressdn", "record:rpz:mx", "record:rpz:naptr", "record:rpzSmiley Tonguetr", "record:rpz:srv", "record:rpz:txt", "record:srv", "record:tlsa", "record:txt", "request", "restartservicestatus", "roaminghost", "ruleset", "scavengingtask", "scheduledtask", "search", "sharednetwork", "sharedrecord:a", "sharedrecord:aaaa", "sharedrecord:cname", "sharedrecord:mx", "sharedrecord:srv", "sharedrecord:txt", "sharedrecordgroup", "snmpuser", "taxii", "threatprotection:rule", "upgradestatus", "userprofile", "vdiscoverytask", "view", "zone_auth", "zone_auth_discrepancy", "zone_delegated", "zone_forward", "zone_rp", "zone_stub"], "supported_versions": ["1.0", "1.1", "1.2", "1.2.1", "1.3", "1.4", "1.4.1", "1.4.2", "1.5", "1.6", "1.6.1", "1.7", "1.7.1", "1.7.2", "1.7.3", "1.7.4", "1.7.5", "2.0", "2.1", "2.1.1", "2.1.2", "2.2", "2.2.1", "2.2.2", "2.3", "2.3.1", "2.4", "2.5"]}

[ Edited ]
Adviser
8150     0

Okay the problem is confusing. This shows that it does have 2.5 available and it is responding.

So now please try this again in your browser:

https://192.168.0.12/wapi/v2.5/record:host

That should give you something and should not return 'Page not found'

But in either case, I think you need to open a ticket with support.

sadaf14
Techie
8150     0

Hi,I'm new to making API calls and gathering information using them.I used the code you have provided ,it seems to provide no error for me.However it is simply returning zero elements as the output.I'm not quite sure where I am going wrong.If you could assist me with the possible mistakes,it would be of great help.

Thanks in advance. 

spenumaka Community Manager
Community Manager
8150     0

Hi sadaf14,

Can you post a new topic as this topic is very old and it it is not clear what you are referring to?

Regards,

--------------------------------------
Check out our new Tech docs website for latest documentation on Infoblox products.

priya
Techie
8150     0

Iam using Vb.net, how can I extract/import all the details from our intranet website/interface to INFOBOX UI

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You