Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Find MAC address

Techie
4204     0

We use DHCP filters for defining MAC address pools. However, when I do a global search for a given MAC in the UI or via the API, I cannot find a HW address in a given DHCP filter.  I can search for a given DHCP filter and enumerate all of the MAC addresses in it, but that is not what I need.

How can I find a specific MAC address in a DHCP filter via the API?  TIA for any suggestions.

Re: Find MAC address

4204     0

Take a look at "macfilteraddress". The MAC addresses within a filter are stored in a the macfilteraddress object. 

For example:

GET 'https://192.168.1.2/wapi/v2.10/macfilteraddress?mac=00:01:5a:73:74:75&_return_fields%2b=filter'

returns

[
    {
        "_ref": "macfilteraddress/ZG5zLmNsdXN0ZXJfbWFjX2ZpbHRlcnNldF9pdGVtJFdpRmktRmlsdGVyQDAwOjAxOjVhOjczOjc0Ojc1:00%3A01%3A5a%3A73%3A74%3A75/WiFi-Filter",
        "expiration_time": 1590546592,
        "filter": "WiFi-Filter",
        "is_registered_user": false,
        "mac": "00:01:5a:73:74:75",
        "never_expires": true
    }
]

Techie
4205     0

How can I find all MAC addresses via macaddressfilter search? Can find them all for a given pool with:

macfilteraddress?filter='Generic MAC address pool'

Do I have to iterate through all of the DHCP filters or is there a way to query all MAC addrs associated w/filters?

TIA for your assistance.

4205     0

You can search without a filter to return all MAC Addresses used in MAC Addres Filters:

GET 'https://192.168.1.2/wapi/v2.10/macfilteraddress'

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You