Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

How to use "assign_state" to extract the value from an extensible attributes

6657     0

I sent the following request 

[
{ "method": "GET", "object": "record:srv", "data":{"name":"_sip._tcp.vega.com", "view":"default"},  "args":{"_return_fields+":"extattrs"}, "assign_state": {"ref": "_ref", "ea":"extattrs"}, "discard":true},
{"method": "STATE:DISPLAY"}
]

and got such response:

[
    {
        "ref": "record:srv/ZG5zLmJpbmRfc3J2JC5fZGVmYXVsdC5jb20udmVnYS9wcml2aWxlZ2UzLTEvMC8wLzUwMDAvdmVnYS5jb20:_sip._tcp.vega.com/default", 
        "ea": {
            "Site": {
                "value": "ABC"
            }
        }
    }
]

My question is how to put the value of the EA "Site" into an variable, so that I can use it in the following request items., such as this:

[
{ "method": "GET", "object": "record:srv", "data":{"name":"_sip._tcp.vega.com", "view":"default"},  "args":{"_return_fields+":"extattrs"}, "assign_state": {"ref": "_ref", "ea":"extattrs"}, "discard":true},
{"method": "STATE:DISPLAY"},
{ "method": "PUT", "object": "##STATE:ref:##", "enable_substitution": true, "data":{"extattrs":{
"Site": {"value":"##STATE:ea.Site.value:##"}
}}}

what I got now is such an error:

{ "Error": "AdmConProtoError: Variable ea.Site.value not found in the current request state {u'ref': 'record:srv/ZG5zLmJpbmRfc3J2JC5fZGVmYXVsdC5jb20udmVnYS9wcml2aWxlZ2UzLTEvMC8wLzUwMDAvdmVnYS5jb20:_sip._tcp.vega.com/default', u'ea': {'Site': {'value': 'ABC'}}}", 
  "code": "Client.Ibap.Proto", 
  "text": "Variable ea.Site.value not found in the current request state {u'ref': 'record:srv/ZG5zLmJpbmRfc3J2JC5fZGVmYXVsdC5jb20udmVnYS9wcml2aWxlZ2UzLTEvMC8wLzUwMDAvdmVnYS5jb20:_sip._tcp.vega.com/default', u'ea': {'Site': {'value': 'ABC'}}}"
}

Re: How to use "assign_state" to extract the value from an extensible attributes

Adviser
6658     0

Hi,

Here is an example from the WAPI document. Let me know if this works for you.

Use a POST request to copy extensible attribute “Building” from an existing network to a new one using “assign_state” to save the value in the state object:

https://1.2.3.4/wapi/v2.9/request

With a body:

[{
   "method": "GET",
   "object": "network",
   "data": {
             "network": "10.1.0.0/16"
           },
   "args": {
             "_return_fields+": "extattrs"
           },
   "assign_state": {
             "ea_value": "*Building"
           },
   "discard": true
},
{
   "method": "POST",
   "object": "network",
   "data": {
             "network": "20.1.0.0/16",
             "extattrs": {
                  "Building": {
                       "value": "##STATE:ea_value:##"
                     }
              }
          },
   "enable_substitution": true
}]

Regards,

Krishna

Re: How to use "assign_state" to extract the value from an extensible attributes

6658     0

Thanks a lot, it works well!

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You