Highlighted

Lose IPAM connection after vco-server restart

anba001
Techie
3237     0

Hi 

I'm using vRealize Automation 7.3 with InfoBlox IPAM Plug-In 4.2.0 (and another installation with 4.3.0). 

With the "Create IPAM connection" workflow I added the IPAM connection successfully. 

But after a vRealize Server restart or a vco-server restart the connection is no longer there. And I need to create the connection again.

Any idea what might be wrong here?

Thanks.

Andi

Re: Lose IPAM connection after vco-server restart

anba001
Techie
3238     0

I found the solution in the Release Nodes. Looks like it's normal behavior. 

Is there no solution that the connection is always there? And I don't have to run the workflow after every reboot.

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 22.31.44.png

TTiscareno Community Manager
Community Manager
3238     0

This is generally an issue when running vRA in HA (failover) mode. If you refer to page 44 in this guide:

https://www.infoblox.com/wp-content/uploads/infoblox-deployment-guide-infoblox-ipam-plug-in-vmware.p...

You will find steps for manually defining the NIOS endpoint configuration in your vRA console, a step which does not require the "Create Endpoint Connection" workflow included with the plugin. Follow this step on each of your vRA servers, adding an endpoint configuration for your Infoblox Grid Master, as well as any Grid Master Candidates (GMC's) and this should give you the behavior that you are looking for here. With this setup, vRA would try the initial connection and if that fails, try the next and so on.

As a side note- there are plans for improving upon this behavior in the plugin but I do not see an ETA for when this might become available. Your Infoblox account representative may be able to obtain additional information regarding this for you.

Regards,

Tony

anba001
Techie
3238     0

Hi Tony

Thanks for your help!

Andi

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin