Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

API & Integration

Highlighted

N00b question: Querying on vlans

Techie
2496     0

Look...Im totally new to netmri and ipam. Im really struggling with the API on netmri...my perl sucks, my xml is even worse, and I have a serious project due in a couple days.  I was really hoping someone had already done this.

I can grab a list of vlans by "type" from ipam....but then I want to query netmri, to look through a group of switches to see if those vlans exist on each switch...so in this case i would want to say hey...here is a list of non production vlans that should be on every non production switch. 

How would I do that?

Im sorry...i dont even know how to get started here.  The xml example i tried gave me an authentication error, so I dont even know how to submit a username and password through the rest api.

please help.  Ive been a network engineer for 20 years and I am drowning with network automation and SDN...

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: N00b question: Querying on vlans

Expert
2496     0

This is actually really easy to do in NetMRI alone via the UI.  Navigate to Network Explorer -> Summaries -> VLANS.  Select your VLANs of interest, one at a time.  In the middle you'll see a list of all devices which have that VLAN defined.

Highlighted

Re: N00b question: Querying on vlans

Techie
2496     0

this part I have got.  I dont know how to actually generate a report that shows this invormation

thank you....

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You