Networks encompassed by parent

Authority
3962     0

Hello,

I was wondering if there's a flag/option in either WAPI or PAPI that indicates that a network has been encompassed by a network container?

Say, there's a network already 1.1.1.0/24. If we now create a network container 1.1.0.0/16, the already existing network is encompassed by the container. How do I differentiate if the network has been encompassed after the container was created or that the network has been freshly created after the container came into existence?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Networks encompassed by parent

3963     0

There is no way to know if the network was created before or after the container, it's not flagged in the system.

Authority
3963     0

It's known that if a container has a zone associated to it, it'll be inherited by it's networks as well. Howewer, this is not so in the case of networks that gets encompassed by a container (with zone association).

Say, a network 1.1.1.0/24 exists. Now, after a container 1.1.0.0/16 is created (with a zone association, say, hello.com), the network (1.1.1.0) doesn't inherit the zone association of it's inherited network container. However, if I create another network 1.1.2.0/24 after the container has come into existence, this specific network will inherit the zone association of "hello.com".

I have checked that WAPI doesn't return inherited zone associations of a network. Is there a way we can check if the network inside the container has inherited the zone association of the container?

Community Manager
Community Manager
3963     0

You could request the network_container field, and then check the containing Network Container to look for zone associations.

Authority
3963     0

Thank you for the reply but I do not believe that will work because I can always get the zone associations of the network container. The question here is how to differentiate which networks have inherited those zone associations.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin