New Powershell Module Project

jmmurrah
Techie
2084     0

Hey all, I've been working on a powershell module for infoblox utilizing the new class definition features in powershell 5.0.  So far it's been working pretty well, have functions for get/set/add/remove dns records and fixed addresses.  Supports adding/updating/removing extensible attributes on records, as well as searching based on most available properties (search by view, comment, name, EA, etc.). 

Github repo is here:  https://github.com/murrahjm/Infoblox-Classy

Would love some feedback and suggestions for features, though there are a million things in the API that I haven't even touched yet.  I've got a ways to go to get to some of the features I want personally, so I plan to maintain it for a while I think.

Re: New Powershell Module Project

rfrueh
Techie
2084     0

Love this, since one of the things I want to hand off to someone else is changing CNAMEs during specific machine downtimes.  Let the NOC handle it without the GUI. ;-)

I notice there is also:

https://community.infoblox.com/t5/API-Integration/New-PowerShell-module-for-interacting-with-Remote-...

another one on github.

Maybe someone at Infoblox will notice and get behind these projects.

Adviser
2084     0

I had done some initial work but gave up on it for a while.  I recently revisited it with some additions but had not done any work to put it into a class.  I really like that approach and it's likely something I can learn from.  I don't usually have much time but I may fork your project and offer some assistance if you're okay with it.

Here's what I had started (and then completely gutted and restarted).

https://github.com/Infoblox-API/PowerShell

GHorne Community Manager
Community Manager
2084     0

There is no obvious error handling in the methods, and each object type makes its own call to 'Invoke-RestMethod'.

You should really subclass 'Invoke-RestMethod' to have built in error handling so that all your object calls can leverage this one base class.

adding '_return_as_object=1' to the query string will also make this erro handling and general processing of the JSON response easier.

satheeshsatz
Techie
2084     0

hi Smith, 

i am new to this infoblox, but i need to update multple entries, hence i am trying it using powershell.

but i am not able to find the API for my configuration. 

how to use this script?

can you please help me on this?

Highlighted

TTiscareno Community Manager
Community Manager
2084     0

To avoid confusion and make sure that your post is not overlooked, it would be helpful to start a new thread for new requests and when doing so, include more details about what exactly you are trying to update. If you are only concerned about updating multiple entries of some type, you can take advantage of the CSV Import feature and this is documented in the Infoblox CSV Import Reference Guide, and NIOS Administrator Guide.

Regards,

Tony

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You