Reply
Accepted Solution

Odd error GET'ing all record:a objects

Authority
Posts: 30
5027     1

I stumbled onto a weird issue in my grid recently trying to query A records. My grid is on the latest NIOS 8.2.4 and I sent the following GET query.

 

https://gm.example.com/wapi/v2.7.1/record:a

 

It currently returns an HTTP 400 Bad Request response with the following body.

 

 

{ "Error": "AdmConDataError: .com.infoblox.dns.bind_a has no member fqdn", 
  "code": "Client.Ibap.Data", 
  "text": ".com.infoblox.dns.bind_a has no member fqdn"
}

 

I tried changing the WAPI version to 1.0 (https://gm.example.com/wapi/v1.0/record:a) and it gives the same error.

 

I tried changing my query to look for Host records instead (https://gm.example.com/wapi/v2.7.1/record:host) and that works just fine.

 

I tried filtering the original query by DNS View (https://gm.example.com/wapi/v2.7.1/record:a?view=Internal) and that also works fine...as if one of my other views has some sort of corrupt record. But I tried querying all of the DNS Views in the grid this way and none of them returned the error.

 

I spun up a brand new standalone vNIOS 8.2.4 instance, created a zone, created a few A records, and tried the original query against it and that works just fine.

 

So it seems there's something screwy with my grid specifically. But I can't seem to narrow down what it is.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Highlighted

Re: Odd error GET'ing all record:a objects

Adviser
Posts: 92
5027     1

Does your grid also has DTC enabled?  Some recent versions have an issue with DTC records configured and unfiltered REST search results, the workaround is to filter them, like you did with the views, or by zones.

Re: Odd error GET'ing all record:a objects

Authority
Posts: 30
5028     1

Fantastic! That was totally it. I had been playing with DTC a bit, but there wasn't anything I needed to keep. So I just removed all the entries in there and the error is gone.

 

Do you know if there's a KB article I can track for longer term fixing?

Re: Odd error GET'ing all record:a objects

Adviser
Posts: 92
5028     1

It took me a while to figure out Smiley Happy  Sorry but no, I do not see a knowledge base article on this topic.

Re: Odd error GET'ing all record:a objects

mugude
Techie
Posts: 2
5028     1

Hello,

 

I'm in this situation, but i don't find how to filter dtc record in my request:

record:a?_max_results=2000&_paging=1&_return_as_object=1&_return_fields=name,ipv4addr,view,comment,creator,extattrs,ddns_principal,ddns_protected,disable,ttl,view

 

Can you help me?

Re: Odd error GET'ing all record:a objects

Authority
Posts: 30
5028     1

You don't need to filter the dtc records. You just need to add any filter to the request. So add something like "view=default" and it should work.

Re: Odd error GET'ing all record:a objects

mugude
Techie
Posts: 2
5028     1

It work, thanks a lot.

Is it possible to add a filter on several view with only one request like

view=view1 or view2

Re: Odd error GET'ing all record:a objects

Authority
Posts: 30
5028     1

I don't believe so. The string has to be an exact match for an existing view name. It doesn't support any of the matching modifiers like Regex.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You