Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Permissions for PTR Record?

3616     0

Hello,

I'm not administering Infoblox, I'm only trying to automate the creation of some records.

I was able to add 'A' records successfuly, but I'm in troubles for PTR records. Seems a permission problem, may you tell me what should I need to ask for to the Infoblox administrator?

When I query for the 'ptr'

curl -k -u userSmiley Tongueasswd -X GET "https://192.16.0.1/wapi/v2.7/recordSmiley Tonguetr_return_as_object=1"

It just returns an [] 

And If I'll try to create it:

curl -k -u userSmiley Tongueasswd -X POST "https://192.16.0.1/wapi/v2.7/recordSmiley Tonguetr" -H "Content-Type:application/json" --data {"ptrdname": "mycomputer.mydomain.com","ipv4addr": "10.10.55.69"}

I got this error..

Error": "AdmConDataError: None (IBDataConflictError: IB.Data.Conflict:Write permission for the resource record type 'PTR' i
code": "Client.Ibap.Data.Conflict",
text": "Write permission for the resource record type 'PTR' in the zone 'x.x.x.x/x' is required for this operation."

Do I need some additional permisions for PTR records?

Regards

Re: Permissions for PTR Record?

Adviser
3616     0

Hi,

Can you get the admin to add Read/Write permissions for the PTR Records in the Administration tab?

Here is a sample screenshot for Global Permissions.

ptrPermissions.JPG

Hope this helps,

Krishna

Re: Permissions for PTR Record?

3616     0

Hi,

I don't have access to this screen, as I'm not an Infoblox admin.

But now, With this reference It's clear for me that I need these permissions, and  I could ask to the admins for these permissions.

Thx.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You