Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

REST API call for query_fqdn_on_member

Authority
3551     0

In the Perl API you can use query_fqdn_on_member, but I can't seem to locate this functionality on REST API.

Does anyone know if it is there or an RFE request for it to be added?

Thanks!

Craig

Re: REST API call for query_fqdn_on_member

Adviser
3551     0

Hi,

The function call is available with the grid object in WAPIs. You can invoke it as shown below.

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -H 'content-type: application/json' -X POST "https://grid-master/wapi/v2.7/grid/b25lLmNsdXN0ZXIkMA:Infoblox?_function=query_fqdn_on_member" -d '{"fqdn" : "demo.com","member": "nios.test.com"}'

Sample output:
{
    "dig_started": 1541748509,
    "result": "NOERROR",
    "result_text": "\n; <<>> DiG 9.10.2-ECS-M3 <<>> @localhost demo.com ANY -b 127.0.1.0 \n; (2 servers found)\n;; global options: +cmd\n;; Got answer:\n;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 28541\n;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1\n;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available\n\n;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:\n; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096\n;; QUESTION SECTION:\n;demo.com.\t\t\tIN\tANY\n\n;; ANSWER SECTION:\ndemo.com.\t\t28800\tIN\tSOA\tnios.test.com. please_set_email.absolutely.nowhere. 19 10800 3600 2419200 900\ndemo.com.\t\t28800\tIN\tNS\tnios.test.com.\n\n;; Query time: 0 msec\n;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)\n;; WHEN: Fri Nov 09 12:58:29 IST 2018\n;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 132\n\n",
    "source_address": "127.0.1.0"
}

Here are more details on the function call:

image09.PNG

Hope you find this helpful,

Krishna

3552     0

Question: I want to use this function to lookup records on DNS servers outside my org - I'm especially interested in SOA-records. The GUI allows me to overrule the list of record types, and type in "SOA" and click "Perform dig". But in the API an error is returned:

"Error": "AdmConProtoError: Invalid value for record_type (\"SOA\") valid values are: ANY, A, AAAA, CNAME, DNAME, MX, NAPTR, NS, PTR, SRV, TXT, AXFR"

To be honest this is highly frustrating, since the GUI allows it ;-) (and the arguments are just handed off to `dig` that does support the SOA)

Any suggestions?

3552     0

I realize that asking questions in a very old thread might not be the best way Smiley Wink - so I created a new thread instead  /Anders

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You