Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Request Grid Restart Status

3389     0

I'm trying to get the status of the grid to see if a restart is needed, and nothing is being returned.  Was wondering if there was a known bug? Or if I'm just not doing it right... I'm doing this in Powershell, grid is at 8.4.4-38683.

$URI = "https://infoblox.gsiccorp.net/wapi/v2.10.3/$($GridRef)?_function=requestrestartservicestatus"
$BODY = @{
"service_option" = "ALL"
}
$TheJSONData = ConvertTo-Json $BODY
$SVCstatus = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $URI -Method Get -Body $TheJSONData -Credential $TheCredentials -ContentType 'application/json'

$SVCstatus returns nothing.  I think I should get back an object: restartservicestatus : Restart service status object

I have a function that actually restarts the services, which works great.  After making a change, I just set a variable to $true and look for that... but was actually looking to do a check in case someone made a change from the UI itself rather than my automated processes.

Thanks!

Re: Request Grid Restart Status

3390     0

I'm not strong with powershell, and your example didn't come through well.  If you could, please post code examples in a code block, it keeps original formatting instead of doing emoticon conversions and all that.

You can ask for the restart status with this url:

https://infoblox.gsiccorp.net/wapi/v2.10.3/restartservicestatus

Re: Request Grid Restart Status

Techie
3390     0

Hi fishvict,

Even I am trying to restart Infoblox using Powershell but its giving an error [The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.]

Can you please guide me with the function to restart the infoblox services.

Regards,

Siddhant

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You