Search Database for "Created On" date

ehrenko
Techie
3680     0

Looking to see if there is a generic query that can pull all items from the Grid Management database that were created on a specific date or range of dates.

Looking to do this via WAPI if possible,  discovered data is helpful but only if the range is set to discover.

Other API's I have worked with allow me to send select statements over via the API but nothing is jumping out at me when reviewing the WAPI documentation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Search Database for "Created On" date

GHorne Community Manager
Community Manager
3680     0

There isn't a traditional SQL database at the back end, That's why you can't send generic select statements. You are limited to the datastructures exposed by the APIs.

This information is available in the audit log, if you send it to a syslog server, but you would need to keep the entire audit history. 

We also track DNS records by creation time (as of 7.3), but for other objects that data isn't exposed.

Highlighted

ehrenko
Techie
3680     0

Any chance exposing the creation and modified times via the API are on the radar?  I would be extremely helpful for some integration work I am doing.

ehrenko
Techie
3681     0

i do see the creation_time on the dns records which is somewhat helpful thank you for tip.

ehrenko
Techie
3681     0

and i spoke too soon.. its not searchable

Expert
3681     0

Sorry this is a bit old, but we have the same requirement.   We created a new extensable attribute of type date that is "modified on".   The default value is todays date.   Infoblox still doens't have a default value that is automatically "today" so I have a script that logs in every night at 12:01 AM and changes the default value of the EA to 'today'.  This works pretty well for us and we just lock the EA down to the record types that we care about and then we at least have a searchable time stamp for the records.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You