Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Set "additional_ip_list" of member:dns via WAPI failed with error "expected single object, got 2"

3568     0

I have 2 grid members.

For both members, I configured anycast IP 10.240.240.6 

1.jpg

Then I call WAPI with the request below to add the IP to additional_ip_list

{
  "additional_ip_list": ["10.240.240.6"]
}

but got such an error

{ "Error": "AdmConDataError: expected single object, got 2", 
  "code": "Client.Ibap.Data", 
  "text": "expected single object, got 2"
}

After I remove one of the anycast IP or change one of them o 10.240.240.7, the problem disappear.

I think this should be a WAPI bug. 

Is there a workaround for this problem?

Re: Set "additional_ip_list" of member:dns via WAPI failed with error "expected sin

Adviser
3569     0

Hi,

Could you please send the API call that you are using?

Meanwhile, this is the WAPI I use to add the anycast IP to a member.

curl -k -u admin:Infoblox -H 'content-type: application/json' -X PUT "https://127.0.0.1/wapi/v2.10/member/b25lLnZpcnR1YWxfbm9kZSQw:infoblox.localdomain?_return_fields%2B=additional_ip_list&_return_as_object=1" -d '{"additional_ip_list":[{"anycast":true,"interface":"LOOPBACK","ipv4_network_setting":{"subnet_mask": "255.255.255.255","address": "192.128.2.10","gateway":"192.128.2.1"}}]}'

Thanks and Regards,

Krishna Vasudevan

Re: Set "additional_ip_list" of member:dns via WAPI failed with error "expected sin

[ Edited ]
3569     0

my request is:

PUT https://${baseurl}/wapi/v2.9.1/member:dns/${memberId}

{ "additional_ip_list": ["10.240.240.6"] }

The anycast IP was pre-configured in the system.

What I want to do is to add/remove the IP.

I also tried your sample, and got such error response:

{ "Error": "AdmConProtoError: Invalid value for additional_ip_list: {\"interface\": \"LOOPBACK\", \"ipv4_network_setting\": {\"subnet_mask\": \"255.255.255.255\", \"gateway\": \"10.240.240.1\", \"address\": \"10.240.240.6\"}, \"anycast\": true}: Must be string type", "code": "Client.Ibap.Proto", "text": "Invalid value for additional_ip_list: {\"interface\": \"LOOPBACK\", \"ipv4_network_setting\": {\"subnet_mask\": \"255.255.255.255\", \"gateway\": \"10.240.240.1\", \"address\": \"10.240.240.6\"}, \"anycast\": true}: Must be string type" }

Adviser
3569     0

Hi,

In my sample, i used the member object and not the member:dns object. Could you change that and check?

In member:dns, the additional_ip_list indicates the list of additional IP addresses on which DNS is enabled for a Grid member.

[ Edited ]
Anonymous
Not applicable
3569     0

Could you please send the API call that you are using?

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You