Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

API & Integration

Highlighted

Struggling with ISE/Infoblox Integration

Techie
2279     0

Hello All,

I'm new to Infoblox and I'm trying to test pxGrid/ISE integration.  However, I don't see an option under EcoSystem for Add Cisco ISE, as pictured in the deployment guide.  I'm wondering if I don't have Infoblox licensed correctly or if I'm missing something else.  I'm using the 60-day temp licenses.  I installed a Grid Master, a grid member, and an insight member.  They're all VM's on ESXi 6.0.

Below are screen caps of the way the Ecosystem tab appears and the licenses I enabled (I enabled all of them that were available).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: Struggling with ISE/Infoblox Integration

Techie
2280     0

Gleeson,

In your screen shot of the licenses, I only see the grid master and member.  I do not see the network discovery member.  Can you export your licenses to a csv file and reply to this posting?

Thomas Lee

Highlighted

Re: Struggling with ISE/Infoblox Integration

Techie
2280     0

You are correct, I didn't do the Discovery temp_license.  I also screwed up the models I installed as.  Initially I loaded the Grid Master and Members as 815's, and the Insight VM as (I forget, 8xx something).  The ISE/Infoblox integration guide says the 805's and 815's can only be members.  So I rebuilt them as 1415's and rebuild the Insight box as an ND-v1405.

But then I messed up the licensing.  On the insight box I selected the temp_license for DNS, DHCP, and Grid (option 2, I believe), and also the NIOS temp license.  When the box rebooted and I tried to add the Discovery license, it gave me an error that there's a licensing conflict.

So I rebuild the Insight Discovery box again, selected just temp_license for NIOS, then rebooted.  Then the license options are only Grid and Discovery.  So I added both of those and I now have the Cisco ISE option on the Grid Master.

Thanks for pointing the missing license out.  I've was scratching my head all day yesterday messing with this.

(Also, my apologies, I'm brand new to Infoblox.  I'm an ISE guy.  So if anyone has ISE questions, feel free to hit me up.)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You