TTL

BVrakking
Techie
2104     0

Hello

Hope someone can set me off in the right direction...

Without any problems i can change a host TTL from (within WAPI Rest call) inherit to a value in seconds '{"ttl": 28800 ]}' , but i can't find how to change it back to inherit.
When inherit is enabled and i do a query i see the value "0" but when i use "0" value it's 0 seconds. Sure it's no problem to set it to default 8 hours. I tried the "undef" but that is nog accepted by infoblox.

Help ?

Null or Undefined?

BAndersen Employee
Employee
2104     0

1.11 XML Format

<X null=”true”/> Field X with value null/None.

I don't see the Null format for JSON.  Also, did you try "null" or "undefined"?

Good luck,

Brad

Null or Undefined

BVrakking
Techie
2104     0

Hi Brad,

Thanks, but i tried those, i also tried "undef" but even that is a nogo.
Everytime i get a "The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request". only when i define a number it's working as it should be.
Maybe there is another place where i have to set ttl inherit = true ?

Bart

Re: Null or Undefined

imperalix
Techie
2104     0

I have also run into this problem.  I was wondering if you had figured it out.

imperalix
Techie
2104     0

I finally figured out how to solve this problem.  Pass use_ttl and have it set to False.

Thiyagu
Techie
2104     0

Hi imperalix,

Can you provide the exact syntax to change the ttl of a host record?

hostdata = {'ipv4addrs':[{'ipv4addr':dripaddress}],'name':host, 'ttl':ttl, 'use_ttl':'True'}

# Perform the POST operation to create the record, data to be supplied in JSON format
addRecord = session.post(hostaddurl, data=json.dumps(hostdata))

. I am trying as above, getting a 'Bad Request' response

Adviser
2104     0

Hi Thiyagu,

You can create a host record with a modified TTL as shown below

curl -k -u admin:infoblox  -H 'Content-Type:application/json' -X POST  "https://grid-master/wapi/v2.7/record:host" -d '{"name":"host1.demo.com","ipv4addrs":[{"ipv4addr":"1.1.1.110"}],"use_ttl":true,"ttl":3600}'

Hope this works for you,

Krishna Vasudevan

Re: TTL

sai
Techie
2104     0

Hi,

I am trying to update TTL of an existing host entry.

curl -k -u foo:bar -H 'content-type: application/json' -X PUT "https://hostwapi/v2.7/record:host_ipv4addr/ZG5zLmhvc3RfYWRkcmVzcyQuX2RlZmF1bHQudGVzdC5zdHJhdk8ndGVzdHNhaTEyMy4xOTIuMTY4LjUwLjYu:192.168.10.10/test.host.test/default" -d '{"ttl":60}'

But, it's throwing an error saying "unknown argument/field: 'ttl'". Could some one help.

Adviser
2104     0

The TTL belongs to the host object, it does not belong to the host address sub-object.

Highlighted

acerak
2104     0

Wondering if this is related to the above.  I am trying to "reset" ttl on the host object to "undef" after having set it to a valid value via the REST api in version 2.6.1.  The REST api does not accept any value other than a "valid" unsigned integer value.  Any non-integer value results in a validation error from the REST api.  Such as: "Error": "AdmConProtoError: Invalid value for ttl: \"\": Must be integer type".  The REST api does allow the 'use_ttl' field to be reset to 'False', but doing so does NOT remove the 'ttl' value.  It remains set to an unsigned integer value and can be queried.

Anyone know of a way to reset the 'ttl' field value to 'empty' after it is set to a valid value?  We have used the PERL API in the past and that API seems to allow this type of operation...

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You