Highlighted

The extensible attribute definition with name [VMware resource ID] was not found

jpelham
Techie
1962     0

Hi,

The following error is displayed in our vRealize Orchestrator 7.4 Allocate workflow...

IPAM Provider Error: {"code":3000,"message":The extensible attribute definition with name [VMware resource ID] was not found.

Environment:

vRealize Automation 7.4

vRealize Orchestrator 7.4

Infoblox vNIOS 8.2.4

This was previously working without issue but when I split out the vNIOS topology to include both a grid-master and a grid-member this issue starting occuring. Management of Microsoft member servers via grid-member was the intention.

Suffice to say Extensible attributes required have already been defined in Administration > Extensible Attributes and include one named VMware resource ID

Cheers

Re: The extensible attribute definition with name [VMware resource ID] was not found

jpelham
Techie
1963     0

Ok, this changed to a IPAM Provider Error Code 1005 message following a reboot of the entire of vRA, vRO and Infoblox. Unable to allocate IP address(es) in any of the specified ranges.

The range itself is a range from within a IPv4 Reserved Range from within a Microsoft Non-Cloud IPAM managed network. The network object is configured with a server assignment of a Microsoft Member athough configuring this network with a grid-member instead makes no difference to the problem. These networks auto-populated when I configured Microsoft sync between the grid-member and its associated DNS servers. 

My architecture and the idea here is to have a Grid-master in my core tenant and grid-members in each of my different tenants, which are AD domains. The grid-member will then sync with the respective tenants/domains Microsoft DNS servers. vRealize Automation should be able to provision to any tenant and have Infoblox provide IP addresses to each workload from these networks. Is this possible, or should I be using Cloud appliances rather than vNIOS.

Is it possible to use this architecture and successfully automate IP allocations across vRA tenants via vRO infoblox plugin. The architectures I have found on the Infoblox website do not cover this use case. We do not wish to have Infblox managing DNS for Active Directory. Only syncing changes to AD DNS.

Re: The extensible attribute definition with name [VMware resource ID] was not found

jpelham
Techie
1963     0

Now I have the error on...

Error allocating IP address(es) because unable to generate hostname: DNS suffix is undefined, code 1006.

I'm sure I must be close to a solution. I tried overriding the grid properties on the respective network to include the DNS suffix. But no difference

TTiscareno Community Manager
Community Manager
1963     0

I just ran across this thread and wanted to confirm that this error can happen if you have your Infoblox property group set to create Host records for a Microsoft managed zone. Changing the property group to false for Host records and true for A and PTR records might help resolve this issue.

Regards,

Tony

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin