Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Update DHCP Member Association

Adviser
3621     0

How can I update/modify the Member Association of a network and its respective ranges?  I need to update a number of DHCP networks and their ranges.  Specifically, I need to change the member association to either Reserved Range or a specific Failover Assocation.  I've accomplished creating a DHCP Range with the specified DHCP Member, Failover Association, or Reserved Range settings as shown below:

curl -k1 -u admin:infoblox -H "Content-Type:application/json" -X POST ipam.example.com/wapi/v2.10.5/range -d 
		{
			"end_addr": "10.10.10.100",
			"member": null,
			"network": "10.10.10.0/24",
			"network_view": "Miami",
			"start_addr": "10.10.10.50",
			"disable": true
}

But, how can I change only the Member association?  Thanks!

Re: Update DHCP Member Association

[ Edited ]
3622     0

This change will require multiple API calls.  The member or members must be assigned to the network first, in order to update the range to a new member or failover association.

1) get existing members assigned to a network

2) update members assigned to the network: set to existing members + new members

3) update range with new member or FOA

4) update members assigned to the network: set to just new members

5) restart services

Adviser
3622     0

Thanks for providing some direction!  I'll give this a shot and will update with successes...or failures (hopefully the former!)

3622     0

Hi @MRichard,

Do you have REST API call examples of what #2-4 would look like, please?

Thanks and regards,

Harriet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You