Highlighted

Update IPv4 filter entry's fingerprint with Perl or REST API

[ Edited ]
BEpstein
Techie
2575     0

We would like the fingerprint to be populated in the IPv4 filter we are using with our custom registration system.  The fingerprint information is available in the Infoblox:: DHCP::Lease which we search by feeding it the MAC addresses in the filter via Infoblox:: DHCP::MAC and setting the filter field.

However, I cannot figure out how to update the filter entry's fingerprint information using Infoblox:: DHCP::Filter::Fingerprint.  I see how to add a Fingerprint object, but I don't see how to tie this to the MAC address in the filter to begin with.

Infoblox has told me that only their proprietary registration system can populate it, but they have also told me that their registration system uses the APIs.  So, there must be a way for me to set the fingerprint on the filter object.

I have the perl code written to print out all of my filter's MAC -> fingerprint information.  How do I populate my filter with it?

Thanks,

Brian

Re: Update IPv4 filter entry's fingerprint with Perl or REST API

[ Edited ]
Authority
2576     0

Hi Brian, from what I see, Infoblox:: DHCP::Filter::Fingerprint has a fingerprint field:

my $filter = Infoblox::DHCP::Filter::Fingerprint->new(
    name        => 'fingerprint_filter',
    fingerprint => [$fingerprint],
 );

This field should be an array of Infoblox:: DHCP::Fingerprint objects, which I believe is the piece you were missing, as it's the one that has the option sequence that I believe you are ready to populate:

my $fingerprint = Infoblox::DHCP::Fingerprint->new(
    name                  => $string,                                 # required
    device_class          => $string,                                 # required
    type                  => 'CUSTOM' | 'STANDARD',                   # optional, default is 'CUSTOM'
    comment               => $string,                                 # optional
    disable               => 'true' | 'false',                        # optional, default is 'false'
    vendor_id             => [$string1, $string2, ...],               # optional
    option_sequence       => [$string1, $string2, ...],               # optional
    ipv6_option_sequence  => [$string1, $string2, ...],               # optional
    extattrs              => { $string => $extattr, ... },            # optional / Default is undefined
    extensible_attributes => $extattrs,                               # optional
 );

I hope this helps

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You