Infoblox Exchange Cybersecurity Roadshow 2020 – Join us!
North America | Europe | Middle East/Africa | Asia-Pacific

API & Integration

Reply
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

WAPI - Create Vlans with excluded id's

[ Edited ]
Kangur
Techie
Posts: 1
115     0

Hello,

I am doing custom integration with Infoblox, WAPI v2.10.

 

I am trying to reserve one or few vlans via WAPI using request call.

In one request I am trying to get vlanView reference, get next avaiable vlan id, excluding some specific id's, and create vlan object.

Here is example:

curl --location --request POST 'https://infoblox.lab/wapi/v2.10/request' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: Basic xxxxxx' \
--data-raw '[
    {
        "method": "GET",
        "object": "vlanview",
        "data": {
            "name": "test_vlan"
        },
        "assign_state": {
            "vlanview_ref": "_ref"
        },
        "discard": false
    },
    {
        "method": "POST",
        "object": "##STATE:vlanview_ref:##",
        "args": {
            "_function": "next_available_vlan_id"
        },
        "data": {
            "num": 1,
            "exclude": [
                101,
                103,
                105,
                106
            ]
        },
        "assign_state": {
            "vlan_id": "vlan_ids"
        },
        "enable_substitution": true
    },
    {
        "method": "POST",
        "object": "vlan",
        "data": {
            "parent": "##STATE:vlanview_ref:##",
            "reserved": true,
            "name": "TestVlan",
            "id": "##STATE:vlan_id:##"
        },
        "assign_state": {
            "vlan_name": "name",
            "vlan_ref": "_ref",
            "vlan_id": "id"
        },
        "enable_substitution": true
    }
]'

I get error:

{
    "Error": "AdmConError: None ('int' object has no attribute 'iteritems')",
    "code": "Server.Ibap.Internal",
    "text": "Internal Error"
}

But if I delete  from request "exclude" object, then request works. 

Where is error ? I suspect Python library inside Infoblox because request like below works fine.

curl --location --request POST 'https://infoblox.lab/wapi/v2.10/vlanview/ZG5zLnZsYW5fdmlldyR0ZXN0X3ZsYW5fMTI2LjEwMC4yMDA:test_vlan_126/100/200?_function=next_available_vlan_id' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: Basic xxxx' \
--data-raw '{
	"num":5,
	"exclude":[
		101,
		102,
		103,
		105
		]
}'

 

Re: WAPI - Create Vlans with excluded id's

[ Edited ]
MRichard Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 141
116     0

Please open a support case on the issue with excludes. so I suspect you're correct about an internal defect.  As you can see, a simple call with next_available_vlan_id and an exclude is failing:  (I only have one vlanview called "default"...)

 

 

[
  {
	"method": "POST",
	"object": "vlanview/ZG5zLnZsYW5fdmlldyRkZWZhdWx0LjEuNDA5NA:default/1/4094",
	"args": { "_function": "next_available_vlan_id" },
	"data": { "num": "1", "exclude": [ 101, 103, 105, 106 ] },
	"enable_substitution": true
  }
]'

returns:

 

{ "Error": "AdmConError: None ('int' object has no attribute 'iteritems')",
  "code": "Server.Ibap.Internal",
  "text": "Internal Error"
}

 

I got the first two parts working if I took out the exclude part.

 

 

 

[
  {
	"method": "GET",
	"object": "vlanview",
	"data": { "name": "default" },
	"assign_state": { "vlanview_ref": "_ref" },
	"discard": false
  },
  {
	"method": "POST",
	"object": "##STATE:vlanview_ref:##",
	"args": { "_function": "next_available_vlan_id" },
	"data": { "num": 1},
	"assign_state": { "vlan_id": "vlan_ids" },
	"enable_substitution": true,
	"discard": false
  }
]

returns

 

[
    {
        "result": [
            {
                "_ref": "vlanview/ZG5zLnZsYW5fdmlldyRkZWZhdWx0LjEuNDA5NA:default/1/4094",
                "end_vlan_id": 4094,
                "name": "default",
                "start_vlan_id": 1
            }
        ]
    },
    {
        "result": {
            "vlan_ids": [
                100
            ]
        }
    }
]

because I reserved the first 99.

 

 

 

 

However I'm concerned because the second section returns an array and the third section is expecting a single integer. 

 

This call:

 

[
  {
	"method": "GET",
	"object": "vlanview",
	"data": { "name": "default" },
	"assign_state": { "vlanview_ref": "_ref" },
	"discard": false
  },
  {
	"method": "POST",
	"object": "##STATE:vlanview_ref:##",
	"args": { "_function": "next_available_vlan_id" },
	"data": { "num": 1},
	"assign_state": { "vlan_id": "vlan_ids" },
	"enable_substitution": true,
	"discard": false
  },
  {
    "method": "POST",
    "object": "vlan",
    "data": {
    	"parent": "##STATE:vlanview_ref:##",
    	"reserved": true,
    	"name": "TestVlan",
    	"id": "##STATE:vlan_id:##"
    },
    "assign_state": { "vlan_name": "name", "vlan_ref": "_ref", "vlan_id": "id" },
    "enable_substitution": true
  }
]

 

 

returns this:

 

 

{ "Error": "AdmConProtoError: Invalid value for id: [100]: Must be integer type",
  "code": "Client.Ibap.Proto",
  "text": "Invalid value for id: [100]: Must be integer type"
}

 

 

 

So perhaps a different strategy to acomplish the same results:  instead od posting to vlanview to get a new vlan, try posting a new vlan object, and use the "parent" field plus the "next_available_vlan_id" function there.

 

I will try the same when I have some time.

 

 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin