Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Zero Touch Provisioning of Infoblox Grid on OpenStack using Ansible

7834     0

Hello,

Does anyone know what is the complete set of user-data I can use in cloudinit configuration within ansible playbook (for example on the zero-touch ansible play?)

Is there such a list we can use for user-data parameters?

Also, does anyone know is there are API calls for the system configuration (network, hardware, etc)?

We are trying to deploy a Grid with 2 vNIOS machines running version 8.x on KVM within an OpenStack - so automation through API is very important to us.

Thanks!

Re: Zero Touch Provisioning of Infoblox Grid on OpenStack using Ansible

[ Edited ]
Adviser
7835     0

Hi,

There are sample templates available for zero-touch provisioning using ansible in the github here. The

deploy_grid_master_and_member.yml has the userdata used for initializing.

Also, if you need more information on API calls, and use case specific examples, you can take a look at this guide.

Thanks,

Krishna

7835     0

Thank you, Krishna.

If you look at the sample yml playbook, there's the user-data section - which I couldn't find anything on in the API docs.

My question was especially around that specific parameter and what commands we can use there?

As we tried deploying machines on OpenStack with the (adapted) sample script we saw that user-data actually did not configure anything on the machine, hence why I'm asking about usability of the user-data in the playbook, and what variables we can use there.

Is there any documentation on that? would you know?

Thanks,

Guy

Adviser
7835     0

Hi,

In the Tech Docs section in the Infoblox Support Site, take a look at the vNIOS for KVM Hypervisor and OpenStack Installation Guide. The user data parameters are defined in the Defining User Data Settings for vNIOS for KVM Instance section on page 21.

Hope you find this helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Krishna

7835     0

Thank you, Krishna.

This is a very good helpfull start!!

Appreciate your help!

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You