Accepted Solution

Delete previously discovered devices in NetMRI via API

sysop23
Techie
5806     0

Hello, I originally had a massive discovery scope set and that gathered thousands of devices.  I have since shortened the scope to a much smaller number of subnets, and some static addresses.  I have already written a Python script to gather up into a list all devices that are outside the new scope, however I cannot find the proper method to remove a device.  Essentially I'm looking for the method used when you hit the 'delete' button in the GUI.  I've asked support and they directed me to professional services.  I'll keep digging but really it's just one command somewhere in the API list and I just haven't found it yet!  Thanks in advance.

Re: Delete previously discovered devices in NetMRI via API

Expert
5807     0

Hello,

Look under the Device API for 'Delete' and 'Destroy'

-Lon.

sysop23
Techie
5807     0

Haha, wow that was too easy.  I was staring at all the discovery methods and there's a destroy in the Device method.  Thanks!

Expert
5807     0

There are two ways to do this that don't involve the API:

1) Network Explorer -> Discovery.  BUT this will only delete one page at a time (the minimum rows value).

Use one or more Filters to select only the devices you want to delete.

Check the square box at the top of the first column.

Use the trash can to delete all of them.

Unfortunately, there is no prompt/link that asks if you want to select "All N" devices across all pages.  That should be an RFE.

2) There is an admin shell script named BulkDelete.gpg.  You feed it a a list of IPs and they are all deleted.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You