11-29-2017 07:12 AM
so i have this really neato netmri, it can load scripts on switches for me and poop out a massive amount of data for me on my switches, talk to cisco and all that. But. i want it to see a new switch on the network, configure it with our base config in true network automation fashion.
how is this done?
11-29-2017 03:23 PM
You can do it a few ways:
- Does your switch get on the network VIA DHCP?
- If so you can send a BASE Config to the devices
- Then you can push the rest of the configs via an Issue new Device Discovered
- We have a built-in Bare Metal Provisioning, ask your local SE or search the Help Guide
- They are a few more using Option 82 and so on...
I hope that helped, if not have your local SE team contact me for a call
02-05-2018 12:30 PM
Thanks for the reply Sif,
sorry im late getting back to you.
at this point new switches do not DHCP, but i like that option and it sounds like exactly what my boss wants to happen. power up, patch in and run with it.
im going to look at the bare metal provisoning also.