Attribute example to change virtual machine network connection

[ Edited ]
BDyer
Techie
3852     0

I was seaching for examples to use the vCO Plugin attribute (e.g. IPAM.SearchEA1Type, IPAM.SearchEA1Name etc) that will change the network connection (portgroup) as defined by a drop down list in the blueprint. RIght now I have the plugin working if I define the netaddr and cdir attributes. I would like to offer a secondary nic as a cluster interconnect that will change the VM port group. Any examples out there? Thank you all in advance.

Re: Attribute example to change virtual machine network connection

kkim
Techie
3853     0

Infoblox IPAM plugin for VMware supports only 1 NIC per VM for now.

The appropriate network to which this NIC is connected is defined either by netaddr (Infoblox.IPAM.netaddr) and cidr (Infoblox.IPAM.cidr) of the appropriate network, or by using “Infoblox.IPAM.searchByEa” flag.

If you set up Infoblox.IPAM.searchByEa property to TRUE in vCAC build profile, you also need to define a set of extensible attributes, which the network has in NIOS.

You should specify three parameters in vCAC build profile for each of network extensible attributes:

Infoblox.IPAM.searchEa<N>Name – name of extensible attribute, which is assign to the network in NIOS

Infoblox.IPAM.searchEa<N>Value – value of extensible attribute, which is assign to the network in NIOS

Infoblox.IPAM.searchEa<N>Comparison – one from the list of predefined value, typically EQUAL

You can define1-10 extensible attributes associated with the target network in NIOS.

At the moment when the VM is created in vCAC, the plugin automatically finds the appropriate network in NIOS (using a set of EA properties) and allocate an IP address in this network for the VM.

Port group, in which the VM will be located in vSphere, is defined by Infoblox.IPAM.portGroup property or the extensible attribute with the name "Port Group" associated with the target network.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You