Cloud integration module - vDiscovery - stale AWS entries--no way to remove

[ Edited ]
bvihlidal
Techie
3744     0

I cannot, and neither can support at this juncture, figure out a problem that I created. 

Scenario: 

A test VPC was stood up in AWS. It had these networks configured in it. 10.234.0.0/27, 10.234.0.32/27, 10.234.0.64/27. (I have since manually deleted 10.234.0.64 /27).

I created a vDiscovery job to discover this VPC and it was successful in finding the 3 subnets and also finding another VPC named EKS-VPC-VPC associated with the same tenant ID.  That VPC only had 1 subnet 192.168.0.0/16. This is odd because I could find nowhere that we had anything in the 192.168.0.0/16 defined in any VPC in AWS.

Anyway...we shutdown that test VPC and created a new Production VPC. This VPC uses this subnet 10.234.0.0/21 which of course covers up all of the old test /27 subnets.

I created a new job in vDiscovery, and deleted the old job out as it would no longer be necessary. I did this not realizing it was my only way to remove the old, now stale, discovered data. (clear all discovery data)

So I have 2 issues - A. I cannot figure out how to get rid of the old discovered data and tenant.
B. I need to figure out how to NOT have 192.168.0.0/16 network container and all the networks under it associated with the cloud as it is used extensively in our on premise environment I cannot just manually delete it.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You