Cloud

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

OpenStack vDiscovery doesn't returns information

Expert
7333     0

Hi all.

I'm configuring Infoblox vDiscovery in my OpenStack home lab. Everything seems to work fine after the configuration, but when the vDiscovery service finishes, it brings no information. Syslog only shows that 0 information has been discovered (image attached).

I'm wondering if this behavior is caused by the lack of permissions of the user configured at the discovery job. However, i'm using an "admin" user (the same I used to configure all stacks in my home lab). If I browse Horizon with this user, I can see all tenants, networks and instances. 

Could you please help me with this troubleshoot?

Best regards,

Paulo Costa

Re: OpenStack vDiscovery doesn't returns information

Adviser
7334     0

Hi Paulo,

Which version of OpenStack are you running in your lab? So long as it is leveraging neutron vDiscovery should work although officially only Juno and above are supported.

Also, ensure you have setup the certificates as referenced in the NIOS admin guide:

1. For OpenStack, complete the following:

• —  Keystone Server IP: Enter the Keystone Server IP address.

• —  Keystone Server Port: Enter the Keystone Server Port value.

• —  Protocol: Select HTTP or HTTPS as the protocol. When you select HTTPS, you must upload the corresponding SSL CA certificate to the Grid in order for NIOS to communicate with OpenStack, as described in Managing Certificates on page 63.

• —  Username and Password: Enter the username and password of the administrative account that was configured on OpenStack. When you configure the administrative account, ensure that you have authorization to obtain device information on a wide network basis.

Check out our new Tech docs website at http://docs.infobox.com for latest documentation on Infoblox products

Expert
7334     0

Hello SSalo and thanks for the reply.

Currently, I'm using Kilo (2015.1.2). My lab leverages Neutron as new deployed instances attaches the networks provisioned using Neutron, also being used by several instances in different tenants. In addition, nova-network services are disabled.

I'm not using certificates, so the configuration was made using HTTP.

At the Keystone port, I'm using port 35357 and the "admin" user that I always use to set up the lab (and I can get all information about everything when using it to log in and browse Horizon, so I think I'm okay with authorization.

However, the logs from Keystone points the issue to something concerning authentication:

2016-04-27 14:56:15.991 3133 WARNING keystone.common.wsgi [-] Authorization failed. The request you have made requires authentication. from 10.0.0.50

Note: 10.0.0.50 is the IP address from my Infoblox Appliance.

Any help will be appreciated.

Paulo Costa

Expert
7334     0

Hi all.

I just switched Keystone port from 35357 to 5000 and now everything is working fine.

Thanks!

Paulo Costa

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Demo: Infoblox integration with Cisco CliQr (now called Cloud Center)