Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

DNS DHCP IPAM

Highlighted

A Record Error upon change - "No permission for adding blank A/AAAA records."

Techie
3502     0

I had to change an IP address for a customer tonight. Upon attempting it, I was able to change the A record associated with "www" prefix first (i.e. www.[domain].com), but when I attempted to change the "[domain].com" address I received the following error:

"No permission for adding blank A/AAAA records".

Is there specific something I have to do in order to be able to change this record? It was created originally, so obviously it can be done.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: A Record Error upon change - "No permission for adding blank A/AAAA records."

Adviser
3502     0

Strange, works for me?

Also, the error seems to suggest you are adding a blank record, not changing it. 

What NIOS version are you running?

Highlighted

Re: A Record Error upon change - "No permission for adding blank A/AAAA records."

3502     0

Hello Gdoyle,

Since you are able to edit www we can assume that the user account has sufficient permissions unless someone has blocked your user account/group permission for the record itself.

Is there already a record(s) present, if you could test it I would say try deleting the record and reading it in a lab environment to troubleshoot further.

If the above checks didn't help I would recommend you to try using a superuser account and if that fails as well, post a screenshot of the records here if you could else open a support case with Infoblox.

Regards,

Syam

Highlighted

Adviser
3502     0

Hi,

There is a specific global permission for adding a blank A/AAAA record under Global Permissions > DNS Permissions.

This would give the user permissions to add a blank A / AAAA record in any zones that the user has permissions in.

Hope this was helpful.

Regards,

Sandeep

Highlighted

Adviser
3502     0

Hi,

There is a specific global permission for adding a blank A/AAAA record under Global Permissions > DNS Permissions.

This would give the user permissions to add a blank A / AAAA record in any zones that the user has permissions in.

Hope this was helpful.

Regards,

Sandeep

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You