Adding redundancy to a Grid Master

community Employee
Employee
3729     0

Hi there,actually I have two nios appliances in different locations in a Grid configuration. One is the grid master and the other is a master candidate. Now I would like to add on the grid master another nios appliance in an local HA configuration, via VRRP.Is it possible to create an HA local pair starting from a single grid master appliance ? thanksmarco

Re: Adding redundancy to a

community Employee
Employee
3730     0

From our internal folks:??? Define the existing single member GM as an HA Pair in the GUI (edit the member properties)o Follow the admin guide steps if needed??? Rack the new appliance??? Connect the proper cabling (LAN and HA ports of both appliances need to connect to the switch)??? Ensure proper switch configurations (spanning tree, etc)??? Connect to the console of the new member??? Log inSmiley Surprised admin/infoblox??? RunSmiley Surprised "Set network" --> to set the IP/Mask/GW that was defined in the GUI for the Passive Member of the HA Pairo I usually don't join the Grid when prompted because after I get the IP Address on it I like to ping the GM to see if I can reach ito "set membership" --> to join the Grid, will require the IP of the GM, the name of the Grid, and the shared secret??? At this point it should join into the Grid and begin synching time, NIOS version, and data as needed

hgfda

3730     0
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You