DNS DHCP IPAM

Highlighted

After creation DHCP subnet & range Infoblox doesn't provide leases

rbestuzhev
Techie
364     0

Hello,

We use Infoblox 6.12. When I create a IP network and then a DHCP range under it I still can't see leases provided and I found "unknown network segment" in logs. When I check DHCP conf file for a particular server member I don't see a network definition that I already created in the Web interface. Do I have to do any extra action apart of creating and then saving network / DHCP range definition in Web interface? Please advise.

Thnaks,

Roman

Re: After creation DHCP subnet & range Infoblox doesn't provide leases

Adviser
365     0

Hi Roman,

Could you confirm if you have added a member or a failover association to range?

If you have already added the member, a service restart is required before the network is populated in the config file.

If you haven't added the member yet, please first edit the network and add the member(s). Then edit the range and add the member or failover association. Then restart the service and the network and range should be populated in the config file.

To confirm, the 'unknown network segment' error that you are receiving is because the network and range are not populated in the config file.

Regards,

Sandeep

Re: After creation DHCP subnet & range Infoblox doesn't provide leases

rbestuzhev
Techie
365     0

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for response, looks like the issue was due to services required restart. All good now.

Thanks,

Roman 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You