Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

DNS DHCP IPAM

Highlighted

Assign correct VLAN-ID to OpenStage IP-Phone

Techie
6060     0

Hello, I'm looking for some advice.

I'm trying to assign a VLAN-ID via Option 43 (?) to IP-Phones.

The Reason for that is that the Switch can´t deliver a VLAN-ID, so the Phones should boot into a wrong subnet and get told the right VLAN-ID by Infoblox.

As soon as the Phones have the right VLAN-ID they will disconnect automaticly and connect to the right VLAN.

Can somebody help me?
Thank you David

Highlighted

Re: Assign correct VLAN-ID to OpenStage IP-Phone

Techie
6060     0

Hi David,

The information to configure Option 43 on your Infoblox DHCP servers should be provided by your IP Phone vendor as this is vendor specific. I have been able to find the following information about VLAN-ID discovery using DHCP and configuration and use of Option 43 for Siemens Optipoint and Openstage phones.

http://wiki.unify.com/wiki/VLAN_ID_Discovery_over_DHCP

If this link is not helpful , I would recommend to open a support ticket with Infoblox Support.

Highlighted

Techie
6060     0

Thank you for your answer,

I've already tried to implement this solution, but did not succeed.
I am not quite sure how to enter the data into the Infoblox. In the instructions, only the procedure for a MS DHCP is explained.
I have tested the following settings for VLAN 13:
DHCP: vendor-encapsulated-options (43): 13
DHCP: vendor-encapsulated-options (43): 01 00 00 00 0d

David

Highlighted

Adviser
6060     0

You have to define a custom option space, use it in an option filter matching option 60 and apply it to dhcp pools used during boot. Here are some screenshots to get you running.

option-space

option-filter-1.png

option-filter-2.png

Highlighted

Techie
6060     0

Hello ABodartX, 

I've created Option Scope and Option IPv4 Filter, and now what Option I must to define on DHCP Scope? 43 0 60? And what is the string?

Thanks a lot.

Highlighted

Expert
6061     0

Hey, sorry for resurrecting this old thread, I am trying to import a MS DHCP config that has loads of these Siemens OptiPoint phones configured, I see this in the MS config:

Dhcp Server \\<host>.<domain> Add Optiondef 2 "OptiPoint Element 2" ENCAPSULATED 0 vendor="OptiPoint" comment="" 000000c8
Dhcp Server \\<host>.<domain> Add Optiondef 3 "OptiPoint Element 3" ENCAPSULATED 0 vendor="OptiPoint" comment="" 73646c703a2f2f31312e302e312e373a313834343300
Dhcp Server \\<host>.<domain> Add Optiondef 1 "Optipoint Element 1" ENCAPSULATED 0 vendor="OptiPoint" comment="" 5369656d656e73000000
Dhcp Server \\<host>.<domain> Add Optiondef 1 "OptiPoint Element 1" ENCAPSULATED 0 vendor="optiIpPhone" comment="" 00
Dhcp Server \\<host>.<domain> Add Optiondef 2 "OptiPoint Element 2" ENCAPSULATED 0 vendor="optiIpPhone" comment="" 000000c8
Dhcp Server \\<host>.<domain> Add Optiondef 3 "OptiPoint Element 3" ENCAPSULATED 0 vendor="optiIpPhone" comment="" 73646c703a2f2f31312e302e312e373a313834343300

DIW says that "encapsulated" is not supported, so based on the comments above I've set element 1 to be a string, element 2 to be a 32-bit signed integer and element 3 to be a string, but now it's complaining for element 2 that the number is not in the correct format, it doesn't seem to like hex values that contain a letter, e.g. 000000c8 whilst it accepts values like 00000321.

Is there a data type that will accept hex values or do I have to convert all the values to decimal? Or maybe I should set element 2 to be string as well? Has anyone got any experience setting up these IP phones with Infoblox?

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You