Assign correct VLAN-ID to OpenStage IP-Phone

DFeindel
Techie
4949     0

Hello, I'm looking for some advice.

I'm trying to assign a VLAN-ID via Option 43 (?) to IP-Phones.

The Reason for that is that the Switch can´t deliver a VLAN-ID, so the Phones should boot into a wrong subnet and get told the right VLAN-ID by Infoblox.

As soon as the Phones have the right VLAN-ID they will disconnect automaticly and connect to the right VLAN.

Can somebody help me?
Thank you David

Re: Assign correct VLAN-ID to OpenStage IP-Phone

rdaens
Techie
4949     0

Hi David,

The information to configure Option 43 on your Infoblox DHCP servers should be provided by your IP Phone vendor as this is vendor specific. I have been able to find the following information about VLAN-ID discovery using DHCP and configuration and use of Option 43 for Siemens Optipoint and Openstage phones.

http://wiki.unify.com/wiki/VLAN_ID_Discovery_over_DHCP

If this link is not helpful , I would recommend to open a support ticket with Infoblox Support.

DFeindel
Techie
4949     0

Thank you for your answer,

I've already tried to implement this solution, but did not succeed.
I am not quite sure how to enter the data into the Infoblox. In the instructions, only the procedure for a MS DHCP is explained.
I have tested the following settings for VLAN 13:
DHCP: vendor-encapsulated-options (43): 13
DHCP: vendor-encapsulated-options (43): 01 00 00 00 0d

David

Adviser
4949     0

You have to define a custom option space, use it in an option filter matching option 60 and apply it to dhcp pools used during boot. Here are some screenshots to get you running.

option-space

option-filter-1.png

option-filter-2.png

Highlighted

hunterhawk
Techie
4949     0

Hello ABodartX, 

I've created Option Scope and Option IPv4 Filter, and now what Option I must to define on DHCP Scope? 43 0 60? And what is the string?

Thanks a lot.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You