Backup Config of Infoblox Grid

sbalakrishnan
Techie
10801     0

Hi Team,

I would like to know How to backup current running config from GRID Master as well as from each members.

Please let us know step by step procedure?

Thanks...

Regards,

Re: Backup Config of Infoblox

sbalakrishnan
Techie
10801     0

Hi Team,

I would like to know How to backup current running config from GRID Master as well as from each members.

Please let us know step by step procedure?

Thanks...

Regards,

APugh
Techie
10801     0

From the Grid manager web interface, Select the "Grid" tab. Then on the toolbar menu, select "Backup". It will prompt you to back up to a local computer, ftp, scp or tftp. Select the appropriate one, then continue.

From what I've seen, you can't back up individual grid members. When you back up from the grid manager, you back up all member configurations as well.

You can also set up an automated backup by selecting the pulldown on the toolbar menu and selecting "grid backup", then "schedule backup". It gives you a list of options for how you want that done.

ARoberts
Techie
10801     0

Each member's config is saved in the Grid backup, so you don't have to backup any inidividal configs. Their is no feature to backup the entire Gridmaster or members if you want to include the logs and zone files. The only way to get those off the box is to use the GUI and download a support bundle for each appliance.

GRID BACKUP with scp

WGrillo
Techie
10801     0

Hello,

could you tell me if it's possible to use scp with certificate(key) rather than login/pass.

Thx

Highlighted

Re: GRID BACKUP with scp

[ Edited ]
Authority
10801     0

Has anyone been able to get SCP backups to work? I was trying manaul backups today and it always errors out. The wraning about man-in-the-middle attacks has me wondering if it is using SSH/SCP v1 instead of v2. We are trying to elimnate FTP from our environment and we are hitting a wall with this one.  Running 7.3.3. Trying to SCP to a RHEL6 server on the same subnet. FTP to this server works and I am using the same user/password that works for FTP.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You