Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Bind version

10758     0

Hello,

Could you please help me how to know the version of the DNS BIND ?

Regards,

Re: Bind version

Adviser
10759     0

Interesting question.

I found that if you SSH to the Infoblox appliance, you can run a DIG command.  This shows the version of DIG, which is typically installed with BIND.  Technically, BIND and DIG could be different versions I suppose.

> dig example.com.

; <<>> DiG 9.10.2-ECS-M3

10759     0

Hi Midos,

It is NIOS version specific but quite simple to identify.

If you have a lab setup or if you have recently restarted DNS in production, goto "Administration-->Logs-->Syslog", add a filter "Message-->Contains" and search for the keyword BIND.

In NIOS 8.2.x till 8.3.2 BIND is 9.10.2

Best Regards,

Bibin Thomas

Adviser
10759     0

Found it!!  I knew I had seen it!!

Restart the DNS Service on one of your appliances.  Here's how!  Go to Administration > Logs.  Select the member to be restarted.  The logs will be displayed.  You can click the auto refresh option at the top toolbar (second button).  Click RESTART SERVICES at top of the right toolbar.  Member will be the displayed member.  Select FORCE and click RESTART.  Watch the logs for BIND to quit, and when it starts turn off auto refresh and look for the BIND start message in the log.

Mine:

starting BIND 9.10.2-ECS-M3 -E -4 -c /infoblox/var/named_conf/named.conf -u nobody

Note: the version of BIND varries by Infoblox NIOS version.  I am running 8.2.6.

10759     0

Good to know. DIG seems to be the same as well.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You