CSV Import to create new alias to existing Host records

benniehanas
Techie
2999     1

Hello, I am attempting to import a .csv file to create 125 new alias' under existing host records. I do not need to create the host records, I just need to create alias's under the host records. I cannot find any documentation on the format the .csv needs to be in. I created one for creating DNS to begin with, but it wsan't for an alias: 

HEADER-HostRecordconfigure_for_dns*FQDN*ADDRESSESVIEWComment
HostRecordTRUEadmin.hostname.domain.com172.24.74.110InternalSR346575 - 15OCT15 

Does anyone know of a similar format when adding alias'?

Re: CSV Import to create new alias to existing Host records

Adviser
2999     1

The CSV import reference file can be found in the support portal or from a link on the appliance (in the help drawer, documention section, last link).

In your case you simply have to add an "aliases" column and fill it with a list of aliases (space separated IIRC).

JMetzenthin
Techie
2999     1

The other option you have is to open up the CSV Job Manager and do an export.  This will show you the format the headers need to be.  Small note, it appears if a column would be blank (like a new extensible attribute that doesn't have anything in it yet) it will not show up.

I think the only columns you need in your csv would be:

header-fixedaddress

ip_address*

EA-alias (The format 'EA-' prefix goes for any extensible attributes that get created in the system.)

Then make sure you have the extensible attribue alias added into the system

Then open up CSV Job Manager and do your import as an override.  (Override sense records already exist and you are modifying those records.)

Highlighted

GHorne Community Manager
Community Manager
2999     1

You can't add aliases to a 'fixedaddress'. You would have to add them to a 'host' object.

So the columns would be:

host

fqdn

aliases

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You