Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Can't resolve Domain Controller when adding AD Auth Service

Techie
2978     0

When adding an Active Directory domain controller by FQDN to the "Active Directory authentication service" wizard, I get: cannot resolve FQDN addc01.lab.local. If I add it by IP (can't do TLS), it will connect and work. 

However, both the IB appliance and AD integrated DNS can resolve that hostname. What do I have to configure so that the Authentication Service Groups can resolve a FQDN within my network?

Re: Can't resolve Domain Controller when adding AD Auth Service

Techie
2978     0

I'd like to add that SSHing into the IB and doing a ping to the FQDN of the domain controller DOES work. So at least some parts of NIOS have working name resolution, just not the auth service configuration window. 

2979     0

We got the same Problem.
We try to Add Our AD Domain Server as Authentication Server Group and also get:

Cannot Resolv FQDN for the Domain Controller.

Infoblox is our Main DNS for this Domain, the DCs can resolved without any Problems.

Do you found a solution for this Problem ?

Kind Regards

Markus

2979     0

Same Problem here, the Appliance cannot resolve the FQDNs of the domain controllers.

It does also not work when adding the domain controllers as LDAP-Servers.

The active directory domain is configured as MS sync zone.

Any ideas?

NIOS Version is 8.6.0-412613

2979     0

I just had the same problem. 

Make sure your Grid Properties DNS Resolver section is pointing to the correct Name Servers. 

[ Edited ]
2979     0

I'd like to add that SSHing into the IB and doing a ping to the FQDN of the domain controller DOES work.

jjsploit download

myindigocard

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You