Accepted Solution

Can you solve this? Converting a standalone GM to an HA GM?

Adviser
3712     0

From time to time I'll post questions sent directly from users.  Can you solve this?

What is the best way to convert a standalone GM to an HA GM? I have my theories, lucky I have a lab environment.

Thank you all!

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓ or Accept as solution to help others find it faster.

Re: Can you solve this? Converting a standalone GM to an HA GM?

rdaens
Techie
3713     0

Use the LAN1 IP address configured on the standalone Grid Master as the VIP address when configuring the HA Grid Master and then assign 4 more IP addresses in the same subnet to LAN1 and HA of the active and passive node in the Grid Master HA configuration.

After the required product restart the old Grid Master IP address will now be the same but advertised on the HA port of the active node , since the IP address stays the same the Grid Members will reconnected back to the Grid Master.

Add the passive node to the Grid Master HA pair.

Also have a look at the following KB articles :

#1577: When converting a standalone Grid Master to High Availability (HA) do firewall rules need to ...

#371: What are things to keep in mind when converting a standalone unit to an HA pair?

Re: Can you solve this? Converting a standalone GM to an HA GM?

[ Edited ]
Adviser
3713     0

Ruddy,

Thank you for the quick reply!  We'll let the user know who posted the original question!  Keep up the good work!

Best,

Eric

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓ or Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You