Accepted Solution

Clean remove of an HA node member

meta2245
Techie
5179     0

Currenty stuck with both nodes of an HA pair that is fighting for ACTIVE control. "show network" indicates that both are set to VIP. I've taken one of the members offline to minimize collision. Is there any way to demote the offline HA node?

Re: Clean remove of an HA node member

Expert
5179     0

If you've taken it offline then maybe the thing to do is just reset it and then rejoin the grid, you can do "reset database" from the command line, or you could try "set nogrid" to leave the grid.

Use "set network" or "set membership" to rejoin the grid.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

meta2245
Techie
5179     0

Will there be any issues if I try to re-join the offline node to the HA pair after a reset? Will there be any issues since the current ACTIVE HA node still has all the information about the offline node as part of its configuration OR will it just see the passive node as coming back online?

Expert
5179     0

If the current active node is defined as node 1 in the HA configuration, then when you join the offline node to the grid it will come up as the passive node.

However, if the current active node is defined as node 2 in the HA configuration, I am not sure what will happen, I have never tried joining a node into an HA configuration when the existing node currently running is node 2.

I think by design it should just come up as a passive node and leave node 2 active, as the whole point of HA and the grid is to be able to simply replace failed units and they be able to get their config from the grid.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

meta2245
Techie
5179     0

As per your suggestion, I went ahead with a db reset and re-joined it back to the grid. It's back to a "working" passive node in a HA pair. Apprecaite the input.

Highlighted

Expert
5179     0

Excellent! Glad to be of help.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You