DNS DHCP IPAM

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Configure internal DNS on LAN1 and External DNS on lan2

[ Edited ]
Techie
4838     1

Hello,

I want to configure the lan1 for internal DNS request and lan2 for external request (public DNS). I search on all documentation and I don't find the solution...it's possible to do that?

I create a second DNS view "EXTERNAL", but if I go to "DATA MANAGEMENT", "DNS", "MEMBERS" then I select my Grid master and click on EDIT, in the "DNS VIEWS" there is the option:

"Address of Member Used in DNS Views"

but I can only select the interface IP for the default view! the External view is not listed the I can't give the IP of LAN2 for my external view....

Thank for help

Highlighted

Re: Configure internal DNS on LAN1 and External DNS on lan2

Adviser
4838     1
Yes, this is possible. You’ll have to add appropriate routes to make sure LAN1 knows how to get to ALL appropriate locations inside your network and then make LAN2 have the “default” route out.
Highlighted

Re: Configure internal DNS on LAN1 and External DNS on lan2

Expert
4838     1

Have you assigned any zones in the external view to your member by setting it as a name server for those zones?

Otherwise how is Infoblox supposed to know that the external view is on that member?

When you've done that then you should be able to specify lan2 as the interface to use for that view.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You