Accepted Solution

Could vmstat.txt considered as a memory statistics file?

bietto1975
Techie
2912     0

Hello guys,

I would like to share with you a doubt regarding vmstat.txt file.

Every time I need to renew my CIST cerification I've a doubt regarding a question about information contained in the support bundle.

The question is if "memory statistics" are present in the support bundle we can download.

Well, if I look to the vmstat.txt file in the supportbundle I cas see some memory stats, but not all the information I can see by typing "show memory" via CLI.

Really, I don't want anyone answer for me at this question, I'm not under exam, only I' want yo understand if someone had the same doubt and how to interpret this question.

Thank you,

Fabio Colombo

Re: Could vmstat.txt considered as a memory statistics file?

bietto1975
Techie
2913     0

Anyone had this doubt ??

TTiscareno Community Manager
Community Manager
2913     0

Memory statistics are contained in the Support Bundle. The vmstat.txt file contains the same output as what you would see when running the "show cpu" command, which gives you an average for memory and CPU utilization since the system last started. If you are looking for history for specific system utilization, I would refer to device_status.csv.

Regards,

Tony

Ingmar Community Manager
Community Manager
2913     0

vmstat.txt is a memory output the moment your supportbundle gets created.

I would suggest reviewing device_status.csv as in there you have every a log entry ever hour for:

Primary Memory

Swap
Swap Pages In
Swap Pages Out
Pages In
Pages Out
Free Pages

You can also refer to /ver/log/ where you have ptop-$date.log this file will not just contain ptop but ever minute a detailed CPU/MEM/NET/DISK/TOP  and SMAP

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Demo: Infoblox IPAM plug-in integration with OpenStack Newton