Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

DNS DHCP IPAM

Highlighted

Creating DMARC records.

Techie
2394     0

Good morning, all.

It is required by one of my security departments that I create a DMARC record for my external domains. I have attempted to create one based on the information I could find and the information they (my security department) provided, but it doesn't seem to be recognized when I use mxtoolbox to verify. It states "No DMARC Record found." I have included the SPF record that is apparently required (according to some documentation I found), but it doesn't seem to be working.

Does anyone have any experience with making these DMARC records work with Infoblox?

Thanks.

Highlighted

Re: Creating DMARC records.

Techie
2394     0

I neglected to include these originally. Here are the strings I have tried in the TXT record for the DMARC that have not worked properly:

"v=DMARC1; p=none; fo=1; rua=mailto:email@custom.domain; ruf=mailto:email@custom.domain"

"v=DMARC1 rua=mailto:email@custom.domain ruf=mailto:email@custom.domain p=none fo=0"

Highlighted

Re: Creating DMARC records.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2394     0

The DMARC record is no different in concept from an SPF record which uses the TXT record type. As long as the name for the record is _dmarc and you entered in the correct text string, it should work. Is this for a zone which would resolve out across the Internet?

The test tools don't allow you to specify which server to query so if the query is not going to the expected server, the test tool will not be able to query for the record and would fail as you are seeing here. To verify if the query is reaching your server, you can try enabling query logging on the server and see if any hits are recorded when you run the test.

Regards,

Tony

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You