02-15-2016 03:14 PM - edited 02-15-2016 03:17 PM
In short, I'm hoping for some reason behind DDNS not updating PTR records when a host changes IPs. It suggests in DDNS and infoblox documentation that PTR records should by dynamically updated.
To give a high level of my testnig envrionment and procedure:
- NIOS 6.12.7-281477
- The zonesin question are mydomain.com and 10.in-addr.arpa
- RHEL VM host configured for DHCP
- VM boots and successfully picks up DHCP address 10.0.1.254/24 and creates an A and PTR record
- I move the VM to another switch
- Restart network services on the VM,VM picks up new address range on the switch of 10.0.2.254/24
- The A record is properly updated, but old PTR record remains
- I am left with two PTR records (different IPs) pointing to the same myserver.mydomain.com
I currently have the following settings configured/checked for DDNS in the global grid DHCP properties:
- DDNS TTL: 8 hours
- Update DNS on DHCP Lease Renewal
- Generate Hostname if not Sent by Client
I have fiddled around with some of the settings, under Data Management specifically looking through DNS > Grid DNS Properties > Updates, DHCP > Grid DHCP Properties, and DHCP > Configure DDNS
I feel like I'm missing a configuration item, because DHCP and DDNS are working well outside this one issue. If there is anything I can clarify, I'd be happy to do so.
04-28-2016 03:23 PM
what is known that you have to upgrade the IOS and scanvenging option enable. This option will work to update PTR record and delete old one.