Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

DDNS from MS clients

Authority
2263     0

Hi, 

We are testing migration from MS to Infoblox.

Setup: 

- Infoblox running DNS ( imported a copy of the DNS database from MS)

- Domain controller/ DNS server ( running secondary DNS getting zone transfer from Infoblox)

- Test Server (configured with a static IP address, DNS settings pointing to the domain controller)

Scenario: The test server needs to send a dynamic DNS update into Infoblox DNS.

I know in this case the test server will query its DNS server ( the DC in this case) to get the SOA information ( which will be Infoblox) and will try to update DNS on Infoblox.

Ques: Do we need to whitelist the IP address of the test server on Infoblox in the named ACL in the 'Updates' section (we have whitelisted the Domain controller IP in the ACL already)?

Ques: There are many such servers in the environment, do we need to whitelist each?

Ques: If we do it via the named ACL,where would that be applied? To the forward and reverse zones? or to the grid?

Regards,

Kirti 

low,Re: DDNS from MS clients

Superuser
2264     0

Hi,

please check my youtube link below, i already documented my migration step by step.

https://youtu.be/Ba1n-vgfA90

hope it can give you some perspective.

thanks

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

This widget could not be displayed.

Demo: Infoblox IPAM plug-in integration with OpenStack Newton

" class="expert-of-month-image"/>