Infoblox Exchange Cybersecurity Roadshow 2020 – Join us!
North America | Europe | Middle East/Africa | Asia-Pacific

DNS DHCP IPAM

DHCP failover pair keeps going into recover-wait state on NIOS 8.4.1

Expert
407     0

Hey all,

Just an observation, we have deployed a new grid running NIOS 8.4.1. Every time we add new scopes to the DHCP failover association one of the peers goes into recover-wait state, and stays in this state for around MCLT (1 hour) before eventually returning to normal.

We're not entirely sure what's happening, the servers aren't heaviliy utilised yet, I think there's only a couple thousand leases so shouldn't take this long to sync leases each time.

We will send support bundles into support, but it's happened a couple times now and I'm just a little curious that this is not normal. Has anyone else seen anything like this on NIOS 8.4.x?

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Re: DHCP failover pair keeps going into recover-wait state on NIOS 8.4.1

[ Edited ]
Moderator bkoshy
408     0

It should do that only during a Force Recovery to recover from conflicts or while resuming operations after a Partner Down state on its peer.

I agree it is not ideal and is ambiguous. Are you able to replicate it in lab and do you find any NIC down (eth1/eth2/LAN1/VIP is down syslog/debug log messages) or communication issues between the failover peers?

Kindly open a case with Infoblox support.

Best Regards,

Bibin Thomas 

Re: DHCP failover pair keeps going into recover-wait state on NIOS 8.4.1

Expert
408     0

Thanks, I did pull the support bundles and took a look through the logs but couldn't find anything suspicious. We added more scopes last Friday and didn't have any problems so maybe it was just one-off. We are adding the final batch of scopes this weekend so will see how we get on then and if we have more problems we'll pull another set of support bundles and log a ticket.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You